Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

What SimGear source is compatible with latest FlightGear?  Topic is solved

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

What SimGear source is compatible with latest FlightGear?  

Postby strnbrg » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:21 pm

It seems that the latest FlightGear source will not compile against certain header files in the latest SimGear. I obtained the source on 17 November 2020 with "git clone git@github.com:FlightGear/simgear.git" and "git clone git@github.com:FlightGear/flightgear.git". According to "git log", my FlightGear is at commit 22de9d30b518646894ac190cc6b04371daa6d5c2 and my SimGear is at commit 02b20462e183e55e4e2ee7d183a347358ec10b72.

For example, in flightgear/include/simgear/std/type_traits.hxx I had to comment out things like #ifndef HAVE_STD_REMOVE_CVREF_T. Likewise in integer_sequence.hxx. (I'm on Ubuntu 18, and g++ 7.5.0.)

I "fixed" these and other problems, and plowed ahead until I finally got stopped (cmake reporting 45% done) at a static_assert in Ghost (while compiling flightgear/src/GUI/FileDialog.cxx).

Is there another version of SimGear I could checkout, that would not cause these problems when I try to compile FlightGear?
strnbrg

Re: What SimGear source is compatible with latest FlightGear

Postby Hooray » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Re: What SimGear source is compatible with latest FlightGear

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 pm

the main thing is to be in the proper branch for each... everything is done in the branches... nothing in "master" or "main" or whatever the first initial branch is called... so be sure to be in the 'next' branch for SG, FG and FGData or be in one of the release branches... do not try to mix'n'match across branches, either...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Compiling