Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Sudden error re: procedure entry points in Qt

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Sudden error re: procedure entry points in Qt

Postby chriscalef » Mon May 11, 2020 1:50 am

Welp, this is a weird one, but I tempted fate by putting my FG project down (just for a couple of weeks!) and when I went to pick it back up again, bitrot has set in and now nothing works! :shock:

It's probably something I did, but heck if I can remember doing anything that would have screwed things up this bad. I'm running a custom Windows build that I created via the fg-from-scratch process, and the symptom I'm seeing is four windows popping up reporting DLL errors: The procedure entry point could not be located. The affected files are all in Qt: Qt5Qml.dll, Qt5Quick.dll, Qt5QmlModels.dll, and one in fgfs.exe.

This was all running fine before and I have not even recompiled the project since the last time it ran, so I am very confused. The only things I can think of are a Windows update sabotaging me somehow, or else something else I installed caused a change in path or something? I only have the one version of Qt, which I've been using the whole time, so I don't see how it could be a wrong Qt version problem.

The only significant work I was doing while I wasn't playing with FlightGear was working with Lidar scans using CloudCompare, Meshlab, and Blender, maybe something in there changed my underlying software architecture?

Any suggestions would be welcome, I am quite perplexed.
chriscalef

Re: Sudden error re: procedure entry points in Qt

Postby wkitty42 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:55 pm

this definitely sounds like an OS update brought new Qt stuffs... rebuild your whole FGFS using your scripted method and it should work fine...

the specific problem is that the DLLs have changed slightly and their exports are not in the same place and don't have the same long coded ID attached to them any more... a rebuild will resolve this...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby chriscalef » Thu May 14, 2020 6:29 am

Hmm, damn, that sounded really promising, but full rebuild didn't fix it. :(

In another project right now, but I'll keep poking at it.
chriscalef

Postby wkitty42 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:17 pm

it could be something cached in your cmake so maybe be sure to reconfigure before you build...
you might also need to do a clean build if reconfiguring doesn't fix it for you...

i'm on linux and use the dnc script... my scripted flow does a reconfigure every time i build new binaries... i figured it was the safest way since i might not be aware of OS changes made behind my back ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Compiling