Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Download_and_compile.sh & Raspberry Pi4  Topic is solved

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Re: Download_and_compile.sh & Raspberry Pi4

Postby Puffergas » Mon May 25, 2020 2:17 pm

After closer evaluation, it appears that FG in full screen drops 0.5fps with the menu bar ON. And more with a dialog box open, depending which box is open.
Puffergas

Postby Hooray » Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 am

Puffergas wrote in Mon May 25, 2020 12:55 am:Seems steady when running in a full screen. Maybe that is why I like to run full screen and adjust the screen resolution. That was an old method from about 25 years ago.

Indeed, that's a really old optimization - back from the early Doom days :D
Anyway, might still be worth to collect your findings and get them committed to the respository in the form of a dedicated GPU profile for RPi users ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Puffergas » Tue May 26, 2020 4:00 pm

What is the path to the GPU Profile file? Is the name of this file GPUprofile.xml ?
Puffergas

Postby Hooray » Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 pm

I was referring to the GPU profile feature so that a custom GPU profile can be set up specifically for a certain graphics card
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Puffergas » Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 pm

enrogue wrote in Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:24 pm:OK, so a workaround for the transparent textures issue on RPi4 is actually to use the DDS texture cache (without NVTT compression)

enrogue, how did you compile "(without NVTT compression)", what command was used with download_and_compile.sh? Does OSG, FG or SG get the edit? I guess the "DDS texture cache" option was in the FG menu bar? As I understand, this will fix some of the texture problems but hurt the 3d clouds.

Thanks !
Puffergas

Postby enrogue » Fri May 29, 2020 1:10 am

if you're compiling OpenSceneGraph yourself, NVTT is compiled in if you have libnvtt-dev installed, but it isn't installed by default, so ordinarily you wouldn't have texture compression, just the DDS cache

I you have compiled it in you can just delete the osg nvtt plugin (I forget what it's called but it's fairly easy to find - something like osgdb_nvtt.so) rather than recompiling OSG
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Previous

Return to Compiling