Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Superbuild on windows using wiki

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Superbuild on windows using wiki

Postby jaxsin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:50 pm

With the help of hazma, I managed to get the superbuild going on my windows machine using his modified CMAKE file.

My question now I have fginstall folder full of *.exe files and nothing else. So, I then did a quick C&P of the new compiled *.exe files into my FG installation\bin folder. C&P'd the fgdata folder from fgmeta to my FG installation\data folder and then tried to run the cmd
Code: Select all
fgfs.exe --launcher

I just get the default c172p loaded, launcher never shows up
If I try and launch it using the icon, I get a black window with a popup box that says "Required data files not found, check your installation. Looking for base-package files at: '..\data'"

Seems maybe my QT has failed in the compilation process somewhere?
jaxsin

Re: Superbuild on windows using wiki

Postby Hooray » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:11 pm

you need the base package, i.e. set $fg_root accordingly (see the wiki for details)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby jaxsin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 am

Hooray wrote in Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:11 pm:you need the base package, i.e. set $fg_root accordingly (see the wiki for details)

Sure I did this and got the same behavior. This is completely frustrating. How can I get a successful build, copy the *exe files from the build folder to a 2016.2.0 nightly install and end up with this problem? It knows where the root is at because it loads the cessna and KSFO airport just fine. All I am doing is replacing the executible files from my own compilations directory to the FG install.

I am so close to giving up
jaxsin

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 pm

don't forget that each version has its own configuration file... i have found files specific to 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 2016.1.0, 2016.1.1, and 2016.2.0 on my system... the fgfs binary creates them with default values when it first starts up... it has caught me out several times when i thought certain settings were in play and they weren't...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby jaxsin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:43 pm

ok I figured out what the problem was with the ..\data files while launching the --launcher. Now I can finally see the error that may be causing the --launcher not to load, which then causes fgfs.exe to load with the defaults. I have not applied the latest fix that would stop this default loading behavior when exiting the launcher.

console output
Code: Select all
Enabling ATI viewport hack
Starting automatic scenery download/synchronization. Using built-in SVN support. Directory: 'C:/Users/jasin/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync'.
canvas::Text: Missing 'ttf' font reader
SVNDirectory::deleteChildByName: failed to remove dir:S at path:
        Path "C:/Users/jasin/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync/Airports/F/S"
Animated jetways ... initialized
canvas::Text: Failed to open font file D:/flightgear_dev/data/Fonts/LiberationFonts/LiberationSans-Bold.ttf
jaxsin

Return to Compiling