Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Missing include directory in superbuild, OSG, freetype

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Missing include directory in superbuild, OSG, freetype

Postby chriscalef » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi, thought I'd check here before posting a bug report, not sure who this would go to... Anyway, in rebuilding the superbuild (fgmeta) on windows 7, VC10, at the OSG compile I hit a snag on a missing file, ft2build.h, which is in winDeps/3rdParty/include/freetype.

The project already had the directory above that, 3rdParty/include, which makes me wonder if this is just a setting I missed in Visual Studio - is there a "recursive" setting for searching for include files? Does it search subdirectories automatically in g++ or gcc in linux?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, if it's my stupidity then I'll just leave this here as a note for the next person, otherwise I'd be happy to file an issue somewhere with the superbuild supervisor, if there is one.
chriscalef

Re: Missing include directory in superbuild, OSG, freetype

Postby rreiter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:19 am

chriscalef wrote in Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 pm:Hi, thought I'd check here before posting a bug report, not sure who this would go to... Anyway, in rebuilding the superbuild (fgmeta) on windows 7, VC10, at the OSG compile I hit a snag on a missing file, ft2build.h, which is in winDeps/3rdParty/include/freetype.

The project already had the directory above that, 3rdParty/include, which makes me wonder if this is just a setting I missed in Visual Studio - is there a "recursive" setting for searching for include files? Does it search subdirectories automatically in g++ or gcc in linux?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, if it's my stupidity then I'll just leave this here as a note for the next person, otherwise I'd be happy to file an issue somewhere with the superbuild supervisor, if there is one.

Likely not stupidity. I really thought we had overcome this earlier, but maybe not? OSG Superbuild freetype error
It does sound like the same problem, but I don't have time to confirm by doing clean pull and scratch build right now.

Back then it had to do with the cmakelist use of escapes or path separators such as ";" "$" . The trailing portions of paths in question effectively somehow got lopped off during processing and it seemed to behave differently with different versions of cmake or compilers.

If you look at that thread, is this still the problem?
rreiter

Postby chriscalef » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:12 am

Uh, not exactly sure. It does look like maybe this fix wasn't in my git clone of fgmeta... but wait, breaking news, I just actually found that particular commit in my git log (on May 12), so I guess it was there. What I compiled was snapshot of fgmeta from June 1 (sorry, forgot to do a fetch/merge first). I've since done the fetch/merge but haven't done a full rebuild yet, so I'm not sure if it got fixed between June 12 and now.

EDIT: on further analysis, the line from commit 036899c is definitely in my CMakeLists.txt, so it seems to have not worked somewhere in my CMake / VS communication, I guess.
chriscalef

Postby wlbragg » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:59 am

I'm not sure where you've left off, fixed or not?

But this does seem to be an old bug that may have crept in again. I had the same problem recently when I tried to superbuild from scratch again.
While it may not be the ultimate, correct solution, I found a solution that worked for me.
See http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24665&start=15#p225744
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i5 3570K AMDRX480
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby chriscalef » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:24 am

Oh, it's working fine for me, I just added the folder in my visual studio project and it's been fine ever since - to be honest I haven't been sufficiently excited about it to do a full rebuild of everything just to see if the last half of 2014 fixed the problem. :-P
chriscalef

Return to Compiling