Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Launching FlightGear with Multiplayer ON with command line

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Launching FlightGear with Multiplayer ON with command line

Postby mftetsudou38125 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm building this temporary launcher for FlightGear (http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24781) and I'm building a function where you can turn MP on. I thought the code below would launch FlightGear with multiplayer turned on.

Code: Select all
cd /Applications/Flightgear.app/Contents/Resources; ./fgfs.sh --aircraft=c172p --airport=KSFO --timeofday=noon --multiplay=out,10,mpserver04flightgear.org,5000 --callsign=BAW128

But it's not turned on. When I set the in value, it's the same:

Code: Select all
cd /Applications/Flightgear.app/Contents/Resources; ./fgfs.sh --aircraft=c172p --airport=KSFO --timeofday=noon --multiplay=in,10,192.168.0.19,5000 --multiplay=out,10,mpserver04flightgear.org,5000 --callsign=BAW128

What am I doing wrong here??
mftetsudou38125

Callsign: BAW128
Version: 3.2

Re: Launching FlightGear with Multiplayer ON with command li

Postby sanhozay » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:43 pm

So your idea is to start Flightgear with the aircraft on a runway and connected to multiplayer? Are you sure that would be a good thing?

Note the documentation for that option is:

--multiplay={in|out},hz,address,port
Specify multipilot communication settings

It says nothing about connecting automatically and I suspect that was intentional.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby tikibar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 pm

I second sanhozay's concerns about starting on a runway and connecting to MP. It has been possible to connect to MP after you start FlightGear since version 2.10 (and maybe earlier).

Your second command line should do the trick if you change the out server flag to read --multiplay=out,10,mpserver04.flightgear.org,5000.
Boeing 747-8 (rename folder to 747-8i)
Boeing 757-200/300 (rename folder to 757-200)
Boeing 767-300/ER (rename folder to 767-300)
tikibar

Callsign: CHT0009

Postby Michat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:34 pm

I feel tortured each time I have to open menu and go to connect to multiplayer dialog. In my opinion this default "off" property is also causing a lot of stupid, repetitive and unnecessary conversations- situations:

- I don't see you in the map, check if you are connected to multiplayer, but don't connect if you are on rwy... go to multiplayer menu and connect, Okay I see you connected now, please leave the rwy :)

... and what about when you note that you are not connected to MP and your tracked flight is a fraction of the course :)

there are a lot of new dialogs that come to the fg's scene due to that functionality .... don't help them to make better procedure economy.

At the other side, I remember when ON in previous versions, we used to spawn at the opposite rwy (when no parkings) in order to avoid active threshold final traffic. It was a good solution that we reach based on our experience and self agreement. Was good for the final traffic, was enough good for tower , and enough but less good for the new spawned traffic that had to leave rwy and taxi to the opposite. That's the price of spawn on a area crowded of good friends pilots. :)

Cheers.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby mftetsudou38125 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Oops, missing period. Every time my code gets an error, it's always about one character :\

I didn't think too much about the problem of starting FlightGear with multiplayer on runway. Do you think a label Please do not start your plane on runway with multiplayer on. is enough?
mftetsudou38125

Callsign: BAW128
Version: 3.2

Postby Michat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 am

If not enough, it should help.

I have no idea of code.
Michat

Version: 191b

Return to Compiling