Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Anyone maintaining master branch?

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Anyone maintaining master branch?

Postby chriscalef » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi, I've been beating my head against the keyboard trying to get FG to compile and run again on windows (had it working finally on my old OS last year, reinstalled windows 7 and still have not managed to get all the way through to a functional build as of yet...)

I've been defaulting to the bleeding edge branch, since I figured I'd need to be there eventually anyway, but then I thought hey, isn't master supposed to be the safer one, only a couple of weeks behind next anyway?

So I did a checkout, and it looks like flightgear/master hasn't been updated since v2.10, back on Feb 16, 2013. Looking at it on gitorious seems to say the same.

Am I reading this wrong or is master just not really relevant to anyone anymore?
chriscalef

Re: Anyone maintaining master branch?

Postby AndersG » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:01 pm

No, the master branch is not relevant.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby chriscalef » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Cool, thanks.
chriscalef

Postby Johan G » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Ah, so the release branches are branched off from next, but next never touches master (any more)?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.2

Postby Hooray » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 pm

That's basically correct, even though cherry-picking may be involved at some point - for the whole story behind the sg/fg "master" branches, check out Tim Moore's original postings back from 2009: https://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear ... 24962.html

I guess it would make sense to update the wiki accordingly ...
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Return to Compiling