Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Mac no throttle control

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Mac no throttle control

Postby Major Tom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 am

Just installed a Saitek Pro Flight yoke and quad unit on my early '09 iMac, running Mavericks. 3.06 Ghz processor & 4Gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512 MB. I have a wireless Mac keyboard, (the one without a numeric keypad). I have no throttle control and am therefore unable to fly. There is probably a way to assign one of the levers on the quad unit to throttle, but I have no idea how. The right most of the three levers, (red knob) appears to be a mixture control. The middle lever, (blue knob) does not have any function and perhaps could be used for throttle control. Any thoughts on the subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking,
Major Tom

Re: Mac no throttle control

Postby Major Tom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:56 am

Just discovered that I can control throttle with the mouse, but that's close to impossible when starting to fly.
Major Tom

Re: Mac no throttle control

Postby AndersG » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 pm

The default configuration for the standalone pro flight quadrant has several modes set by shift + the leftmost and middle toggle. The default mode should put, from left to right, throttle, mixture, propeller on the levers. However, the numbering of axis and buttons may vary between OSes etc., and I don't know if the quadrant bundled with the pro flight yoke will load this configuration or another.

/Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Compiling