Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

svn authz file

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

svn authz file

Postby grimdon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Greetings
I am following the cookbook "Building FlightGear - Debian" on this website. I am trying to download/checkout the Open Scene Graph package from svn using the command line given in the box in that section. svn responds by telling that access is "forbidden".
My research suggests that the remedy lies in an "authz file", but beyond that things get complicated and there is no instance of "authz" on the "compiling" sub-topic. This makes me think I am on the wrong track. I hope someone can enlighten me.
Thanks.
grimdon

Re: svn authz file

Postby grimdon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:11 am

I have made progress. I had not followed the 'cookbook' rigorously. Specifically I had not installed the 'libsvn-dev' package.
I did that and tried again to checkout the Open Scene Graph file. Now I get a different error message-
'Server sent unexpected return value (303 See Other) in response to OPTIONS request for 'http://.....'
I have looked for clues as to the meaning of the return value, but to no avail. (The manual at svnbook.red-beans.com)

I hope I have more luck eliciting help than I did on my first post. Even with more than 100 views no one had a comment.
Obviously I am new to this, but I find that strange. I suppose no one had ever made the same blunder that I did.
grimdon

Postby sa7k » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Probably the svn repository url has changed. You can just use the openscenegraph debian packages and just compile the simgear and flightgear parts.
Also the libsvn-dev package is for the compiled program to be able to use the libsvn functions and I think those were removed and now libsvn-dev is no longer needed.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby grimdon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 am

Thanks. That seemed to work. I will use that same approach by ignoring the GIT versions when I compile simgear and flightgear.
grimdon

Return to Compiling