Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

CMake Superbuilds ?

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

CMake Superbuilds ?

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 am

Okay, as I was having difficulties with the NetBeans method, I thought I would take the prior advice of using Superbuild. Everything is built... but when I run build/install/bin/fgfs I get the error:

"./fgfs: error while loading shared libraries: libosgText.so.100: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Apologies for constantly asking for help, I'm pretty lost right now.
seabutler

Re: Problem Building With NetBeans & CMake - Ubuntu 13.10

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 am

it cannot find the OSG libs - solution depends on where you installed those, as a quick workaround, you can simple do this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=PATH_TO_OSG ./fgfs

if you haven't installed OSG system-wide, SG/FG need to know where to look for it - it seems the SuperBuild doesn't set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX properly, or that the RPATH isn't set propery for some other reason.

BTW: Thanks for taking the time and testing the SuperBuild, if there are any other issues, I suggest to file an issue report, Zakalawe appreciates feedback like this! :D
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 am

I think I may have skipped the step requiring I actually compile OSG, so I've cleared all OSG and downloaded the source again to compile. It's currently doing so and from the looks of things, will be done in about an hour... After another attempted build and run, I will see if the problem persists.

I'm glad to be of some assistance in my current helpless state haha! I will be sure to file an issue report if any clear issues arise.
seabutler

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 am

I don't know for sure, but check first if the SuperBuild already handles that or not - check the top-level CMakeLists.txt
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Re: CMake Superbuilds ?

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 am

Yeah, it's still giving the same error and even adding LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/fgfs/OpenSceneGraph/ before ./fgfs gives the same error. You're right though, I don't think the superbuild would have completed if it couldn't find OSG, so reinstalling was a bit unnecessary haha.
seabutler

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 am

check where the libs ended up, and if you have installed them - then use ldd to see if it can resolve the deps
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 am

Ah, the LD_LIBRARY_... did work actually, it's just that now it can't find "libRTI-NG.so.1" which isn't located in the library with the majority of the "missing" files.
seabutler

Postby Philosopher » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:21 am

You shouldn't need RTI? Did you run cmake with the -DENABLE_HLA option? That's experimental AFAIK, and you shouldn't need it.
Philosopher

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 am

Following the wiki, I ran:

"cmake ../fgmeta -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PWD/install -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release"

Also, I have found the necessary libraries and

"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/fgfs/build/osgbuild/lib/:~/fgfs/build/rtibuild/src/RTI13/ ./fgfs"

works library-wise, however, I am now presented with:

"FATAL:Required data files not found, check your installation.
(Looking for base-package files at: '/home/christopher/fgfs/build/install/lib/FlightGear')
ERROR: The path '/home/christopher/fgfs/build/install/lib/FlightGear' does not exist in the file system."

I'm assuming this just means my fg-data should be located at said directory.
seabutler

Postby seabutler » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 am

SUCCESS!

I appended some text to the "Enabling ATI viewport hack" before compiling, just to ensure I was running the correct fgfs.

Thanks again to everyone that added to this thread, especially Hooray for not giving up hope too soon.
seabutler

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 am

yes, but no need to move things there: you just need to either set the FG_ROOT environment variable or pass --fg-root= to the executable, as you probably figured out meanwhile.
See the wiki: http://wiki.flightgear.org/$FG_ROOT
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby calocedrus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 am

My first post and very first steps into flightgear. I have compiled all the prerequisits according to
http://www.flightgear.org/download/source-code/
Compilation of flightgear-3.0.0 was successful.
But I face exactly the same issues as seabutler.
I solved the first one (the error while loading shared libraries: libosgText.so.100), but can't seem to work out the second problem seabutler had:
ERROR: The path '/home/ludovic/Programs/FlightSimulator/flightgearbuild/lib/FlightGear' does not exist in the file system.
FATAL:Required data files not found, check your installation.
(Looking for base-package files at: '/home/ludovic/Programs/FlightSimulator/flightgearbuild/lib/FlightGear/')

I tried to use the option --fg-root as , and so tried to run:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ludovic/Programs/FlightSimulator/OpenSceneGraph-3.2.0/build/lib ./fgfs --fg-root=/home/ludovic/Programs/FlightSimulator/flightgearbuild/lib/FlightGear/
(a long command since i didn't install system wide, it seems openscenegraph default build wasn't system wide)
But I still get the same error as above. What path should I specify to --fg-root?
calocedrus

Postby Hooray » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:23 am

hi & welcome
fg-root is the so called "base package": http://wiki.flightgear.org/$FG_ROOT
I don't think that's part of the superbuild, you will need to download that separately if you haven't already - it should be several GBs in size, once you have extracted it, you need to point fgfs via --fg-root= to the location where you put it. That's it.
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Return to Compiling