Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

compiled version update fails  Topic is solved

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

compiled version update fails

Postby TrueNorthist » Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 am

Hi folks. The last couple of times I have tried to update my scripted compilation in Ubuntu 12.10 it fails.

Code: Select all
[ 29%] Building CXX object src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx.o
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx: In member function ‘bool GUIMgr::handleMouse(const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter&)’:
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:297:48: error: no matching function for call to ‘simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent(const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter&)’
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:297:48: note: candidates are:
In file included from /home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/window.hxx:23:0,
                 from /home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:20:
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:34:7: note: simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent()
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:34:7: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:30:9: note: simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent(const simgear::canvas::MouseEvent&)
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:30:9: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter’ to ‘const simgear::canvas::MouseEvent&’
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:311:10: error: ‘class simgear::canvas::MouseEvent’ has no member named ‘local_pos’
make[2]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It then tries again with:

[  0%] Built target fgjs
[  0%] Built target js_demo
[  5%] Built target yasim
[ 11%] Built target yasim-proptest
[ 28%] Built target JSBSim
[ 28%] Building CXX object src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx.o
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx: In member function ‘bool GUIMgr::handleMouse(const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter&)’:
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:297:48: error: no matching function for call to ‘simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent(const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter&)’
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:297:48: note: candidates are:
In file included from /home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/window.hxx:23:0,
                 from /home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:20:
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:34:7: note: simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent()
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:34:7: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:30:9: note: simgear::canvas::MouseEvent::MouseEvent(const simgear::canvas::MouseEvent&)
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/install/simgear/include/simgear/canvas/MouseEvent.hxx:30:9: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter’ to ‘const simgear::canvas::MouseEvent&’
/home/truenorthist/fgfs/fgfs/flightgear/src/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx:311:10: error: ‘class simgear::canvas::MouseEvent’ has no member named ‘local_pos’
make[2]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Canvas/gui_mgr.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
To start fgfs, run the run_fgfs.sh file
To start terrasync, run the run_terrasync.sh file
To start fgrun, run the run_fgrun.sh file
To start fgcom, run the run_fgcom.sh file
To start fgcom GUI, run the run_fgcomgui.sh file
To start atlas, run the run_atlas.sh file
Usage: ./download_and_compile.sh -h
for help

Is this a problem on my end? I updated it a few weeks back with no probs.
Flying on fumes
TrueNorthist

Callsign: CF-CZML
Version: 2020

Re: compiled version update fails

Postby TrueNorthist » Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

I decided to try ./download_and_compile.sh ALL and now I am back to getting the following:

svn: E155000: '/home/truenorthist/fgfs/OpenSceneGraph' is already a working copy for a different URL

It stops there and exits. I changed the ./download_and_compile.sh script as suggested here. Should I delete ~/OpenSceneGraph?
Flying on fumes
TrueNorthist

Postby Hooray » Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

your first post would seem to suggest that you are only trying to update fgfs without having first updated simgear - which is however the a moving target, and FG is based on it - not updating simgear prior to fgfs, is pretty much like not updating fgroot prior to running fgfs
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby TrueNorthist » Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for replying Hooray. Over the past few weeks I have tried to run ./download_and_compile.sh FGFS UPDATE, just as suggested at the scripted compilation wiki (Worked many times before) but that resulted in those two errors you see in my first post. Yesterday I decided to download the latest compilation script, fix the url and do a full recompile (./download_and_compile.sh ALL) and got a return of the second issue "svn: E155000: '/home/truenorthist/fgfs/OpenSceneGraph' is already a working copy for a different URL". I last saw that error a while back but fixed it by changing the urls as suggested here. I did the same with the new script yesterday. In either case I haven't been able to compile or update anything in Linux ever since then. (April 30)

I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong here...
Flying on fumes
TrueNorthist

Postby Hooray » Fri May 31, 2013 5:09 am

TrueNorthist wrote in Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 pm:Yesterday I decided to download the latest compilation script, fix the url and do a full recompile (./download_and_compile.sh ALL) and got a return of the second issue "svn: E155000: '/home/truenorthist/fgfs/OpenSceneGraph' is already a working copy for a different URL".

That would suggest that you are using your old build tree without having cleaned it up first - i.e. in this case by either removing the old OpenSceneGraph SOURCE TREE directory, or simply renaming it to "OpenSceneGraph.old" - the E155000 issue is probably because of you changing the URL, and you requesting now a different repo URL to be cloned into the same source directory. So, that should be solved by either deleting the old OSG source directory or by renaming it. BTW: Once you are doing a full rebuild, there's basically no need to keep around the old build tree - you can either run "make clean" in those, or completely remove them.

Just think about what you are trying to do, svn will detect that you are trying to create a new repo checkout in a location that already holds one for a different URL, so it's actually kinda smart to warn you that there must be something wrong :D
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby TrueNorthist » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Sorry for the delayed response Hooray. I got called away again. Blasted real world... :wink:

On the subject at hand, I should have figured that out myself, but it must be noted that there is little chance that I would ever be called the brightest bulb in the chandelier! I knew it was trying to tell me where the problem was but that also assumes I still have more than a few brain cells firing on any given day. Actually, reading back over this thread I see that I had mentioned deleting OpenSceneGraph. Maybe there is still hope for me yet?

Thanks for connecting the dots old bean.

Edit: would running deborphan be usful for cleaning those dead "trees"?
Flying on fumes
TrueNorthist

Return to Compiling