Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Flight Pro Sim - Real Life Flying

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Flight Pro Sim - Real Life Flying

Postby Mike4Linux » Thu May 27, 2010 6:13 am

Hi
This guy has set up a dozen reviews himself so I decided to put up a site myself.

http://flightprosim.sgier.com/

If you agree please make links, so that it goes into the first google results.
Happy flying
Michael
Last edited by Mike4Linux on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike4Linux
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:48 am

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby MdMax » Thu May 27, 2010 7:18 am

Now it's in my signature. :wink:
User avatar
MdMax
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: France
Version: Git
OS: Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby Quadunit404 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Sums up FPS exactly as it is :wink:
Quadunit404
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Attleboro, MA

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby MdMax » Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Mike, you should really explain a little bit more on your page about this $47 or even $114 fraud. :)

- Why 47$ for a downgraded copy of a high quality, free, and open-source program ?
- FlightProSim does not work on Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris (sparc/x86), sgi, FreeBSD.
- You need a Steve Ballmer operating system to run FlightProSim.
- It's not up-to-date like the original, the real one.
- It's 100% deception guaranteed.

I downloaded the sources they provide on their "Disclaimer / Terms & Conditions" page: it's just a joke. Where are the sources of all the things they have on their screenshots ?

Who is Charlie Taylor and who is the "IDB Pacific Group" ?
User avatar
MdMax
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: France
Version: Git
OS: Ubuntu GNU/Linux

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby Gijs » Thu May 27, 2010 4:23 pm

If you like, you can redirect to the wiki, which explains the whole FPS thing: http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/FlightProSim
MdMax wrote:Who is Charlie Taylor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Taylor
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
User avatar
Gijs
Moderator
 
Posts: 9444
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Amsterdam/Delft, the Netherlands
Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git
OS: Windows 10

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby simbabeat » Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

MdMax wrote:Mike, you should really explain a little bit more on your page about this $47 or even $114 fraud. :)

- Why 47$ for a downgraded copy of a high quality, free, and open-source program ?
- FlightProSim does not work on Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris (sparc/x86), sgi, FreeBSD.
- You need a Steve Ballmer operating system to run FlightProSim.
- It's not up-to-date like the original, the real one.
- It's 100% deception guaranteed.

I downloaded the sources they provide on their "Disclaimer / Terms & Conditions" page: it's just a joke. Where are the sources of all the things they have on their screenshots ?

Who is Charlie Taylor and who is the "IDB Pacific Group" ?


You might want to put this and more info on the page. Maybe even promote the page.
User avatar
simbabeat
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:19 am

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby Mike4Linux » Fri May 28, 2010 9:16 am

Last edited by Mike4Linux on Sun May 30, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike4Linux
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:48 am

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby simbabeat » Fri May 28, 2010 11:51 am

I have a hrd time believing that the FlightProSim charlie taylor was this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Taylor

Says he was born in 1886
User avatar
simbabeat
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:19 am

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby ChocBoy » Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 am

simbabeat wrote:I have a hrd time believing that the FlightProSim charlie taylor was this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Taylor

Says he was born in 1886


Nah, that's a different Charlie Taylor...I mean, it's a pretty common name, wouldn't you say? Adding to it is the fact that they are based out of New Zealand.....
Account locked by self soon. Taking a break from FG. If you want to contact me, email me. Please don't hesitate. Anything, email.
Thank you.
User avatar
ChocBoy
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm
Callsign: ChocBoy

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby simbabeat » Sat May 29, 2010 12:20 am

I betcha it is an alias and not his real name. Because Charlie Taylor is kinda an aviation hero so to speak.
User avatar
simbabeat
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:19 am

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby ChocBoy » Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 am

simbabeat wrote:I betcha it is an alias and not his real name. Because Charlie Taylor is kinda an aviation hero so to speak.


I wouldn't put it past him.. ..I sure wouldn't want my name behind the FPS scam.
Account locked by self soon. Taking a break from FG. If you want to contact me, email me. Please don't hesitate. Anything, email.
Thank you.
User avatar
ChocBoy
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm
Callsign: ChocBoy

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby Quadunit404 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:56 am

Mine neither.

Well, if he's the aviation hero Charlie Taylor, then I'm the King of England, and I don't even live in England, nor do I live anywhere near England.
Quadunit404
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Attleboro, MA

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby D-79 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:42 am

I guess it should be no problem to set up a Wikipedia article on FlightSimPro, in which we explain the situation. Has anyone ever tried this or good reasons to decide against it?

Cheers
David
callsign: D-79
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
User avatar
D-79
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 am
Location: EDDT (Berlin, Germany)
Version: GIT
OS: Win 7

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby ChocBoy » Sat May 29, 2010 12:43 pm

D-79 wrote:I guess it should be no problem to set up a Wikipedia article on FlightSimPro, in which we explain the situation. Has anyone ever tried this or good reasons to decide against it?

Cheers
David


I will work on that. Thing is, some people spend their entire lives on Wiki looking for excuses to delete articles. If you even mention the word "Copy", they'll be on you. So it has to be as mild as possible, but subtly getting the message through that it's a scam.
Account locked by self soon. Taking a break from FG. If you want to contact me, email me. Please don't hesitate. Anything, email.
Thank you.
User avatar
ChocBoy
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 3:17 pm
Callsign: ChocBoy

Re: FlightProSim.com - Real Life Flying

Postby simbabeat » Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Ya I can attest to that Chocboy. I wrote something about FlightProSim on Charlie Taylor's wiki page and now my IP is blocked from making edits on wiki. Good thing my IP always changes with my provider.
User avatar
simbabeat
 
Posts: 3435
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:19 am

Next

Return to The FlightGear project

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest