Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Is there a way to view bombable dogfights?

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Is there a way to view bombable dogfights?

Postby asydney » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:50 am

Hi Flightgear folks,
How do I go about viewing a bombable dogfight? In particular, is there some way to create a scenario where I am not a participant, but I'd like to view two bombable agents/AI's dogfight?

Thanks!
asydney

Re: Is there a way to view bombable dogfights?

Postby swampthing » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 am

You have an AI scenario you would like to watch? I'm not sure I fully understand your question.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby enrogue » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:07 am

As far as I can tell , AI craft in bombable only attack you & not each other - so you couldn't just set them on each other & view the show
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby swampthing » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:51 am

Join OPRF I'll set up an AI dogfight you can record. That's the best I can tell you. i know very little about bombable.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby Michat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi.
The short answer is not, because there are limitations in the mp protocol when multicasting a number of properties <15 at the moment there is no solution for that.

However if you have Bombable already installed, i think you can assist as a witness, I believe you'll receive info messages of the state of damage of other aircraft, but I'm not sure if you'll watch their explosions. Perhaps if any of the bombable aircraft is Back-Seater capable you could assist a such fight but like sparring guy. In any case I think we'll find same limitation with the mp properties protocol. Not sure if you'll see explosions from others.
You can try to select other pilot view and check if you see their fire.

In Bombable missions that are based on AI, in the case that we are flying in company, the trick is starting the IA mission routine just at the same time so the aerial targets will be +- synchronized on space-time. Could be cool to have AI synchro starting routine within FG-Bombable aircrafts on the session., i.e Nimitz AI with other players selection list to synchronize each others AI times.

What really I don't know but I ask too, if FG replay can reproduce your fire from bombable.

Michat

Version: 191b

Postby swampthing » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:21 am

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the answer to your last question is a hard no @Michat.

Take care old buddy.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby Michat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Roger that swamp.

29.92 for ya buddy.
Michat

Version: 191b

Return to The FlightGear project