Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

are there more turboprops in development?

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

are there more turboprops in development?

Postby furrballbagonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:57 am

Guys I really think flightgear should take more stock into more TurboProp aircraft, ie: TBM, Saab 340, Beechcraft king air, etc, etc. Can anyone tell me if there are any under discussion or could anyone lead me to a great addon aircraft or somethin? Much Appreciated!! :D
furrballbagonia

Re: are there more turboprops in development?

Postby Thorsten » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:13 am

And I really think we should get more spacecraft, but it's not happening either.

Aircraft are developed when someone who is interested in having a certain aircraft sits down, invests a lot of work and develops it - the FG project does not try to push people into a certain direction, all aircraft developers and maintainers are volunteers who do what they do because they like it.

If you like turboprops - why don't you take some time to learn how to create an aircraft? Generally it's instructive and I found it rather rewarding.
Thorsten

Postby tdammers » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Second that. This is open source, not a philanthropist buffet. Just like with proprietary software, if you want it to exist, you have to either make it yourself, or convince someone else to make it for you (usually by means of paying them for thier work). The difference is that people who have done that allow you to benefit from their investment for free, in the hope that you will build upon it and allow them to benefit from your improvements.

But still, the Free Lunch Theorem (which says "there's no such thing") applies.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby furrballbagonia » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:58 pm

oke
furrballbagonia

Postby Maerchenprinz » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 pm

There's a wonderful Antonov An-24B twin-turboprop in FgAddon, with a lot of work already put into it; but as this plane is a huge task and only one poor genius is working on it, any help would be appreciated!
Ciao,
Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Return to The FlightGear project