Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Open world Simulator

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Open world Simulator

Postby James Jemey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello there everybody;
So I would like to announce and tell that I am working on a a project called (Open world Simulator) in which I think it will enhance a simmer's experience a lot.
The main reason I am doing that (and most simmers might agree with me) is that us simmers do simulation as a way of just having fun mostly it really becomes boring after a couple of flights, you might see that your feeling had changed a lot since the last time you was introduced to flight simulation. This is because most of us don't have a real reason to sit in front of there screens for a +12H trip, some of us might do it but he will be really bored and might ask him self is it worth all that time?
Whether it is worth it or not, I have had that idea to make a place in the electronic world in which you can just have a real world experience with people, meaning instead of just simulating a flight, we will be simulating a whole flying experience, starting from your bed in your house/hotel room, then going for a ride to your departure airport in a taxi driven by a real person in your multiplayer world, then meeting up with a first officer who is a real person to plan your flight together to a destination carrying real people to there desired destination.....etc, this will make the pilot be more serious about simulating and will be more keen on following the safe procedures and learning flying techniques,specially with today's simulators which are so reliable and specially when he might loose his and his passenger's virtual life, if he crashed.
I have already started some work and I would like some interested people to join me, please tell me what you think and you might also consider taking a look at my website (http://gamalagaby1234.wixsite.com/open-world-sim). I will use flight gear simulator for this purpose that is why I am announcing that.
Thanks for reading and time.
James Jemey

Re: Open world Simulator

Postby James Jemey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Just to note there will be no change in the core simulator or in its source code, it will just be used inside the world and it will not be modified, just so you know that
James Jemey

Postby lomar » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:52 pm

hello,
i think that's (at least for me) a good initiative, I also tought once to derive a more general simulation from flightgear, but i realised it could be very well done inside this sim. I still plan to create an independent simulation using FG(at least the same OSG graphical features),maybe something about sports, but still got a long way into learning more about codin and 3d moddeling.

i wish th best of luck to you in your project, maybe in the future if i get to learn more C++ i can try to help you if you are interested.
lomar

Callsign: lomar
Version: nightly

Postby James Jemey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:43 pm

of course looking forward to have some good work with you mate
James Jemey

Postby pommesschranke » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:01 pm

I just read on your website that you are modelling KLAX.
I'd like to tell you that a GPL version of KLAX including TBI is avialible from MisterX6.
It has the same quality level as KBOS that we have in Terrasync.

Forum user Catalanoic is working to bring it to Terrasync.

I have a textured TBI on my harddisk. I can upload it for you if you like. (If I can find it :oops: )
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby James Jemey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:40 pm

great I will see about that and get back to you mate, thanks :)
James Jemey

Postby James Jemey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:44 pm

and just to say i am modelling KLAX for the game that will be connected to the simulator, not modelling it for the simulator it self
James Jemey

Postby Catalanoic » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:17 pm

OK James, anyways, good luck!
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby James Jemey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 pm

thank you ;)
James Jemey

Return to The FlightGear project