Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

A call for FlightGear wiki logos for the 3rd party hangars.

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: A call for FlightGear wiki logos for the 3rd party hanga

Postby bugman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Sorry for the late response, I've been quite busy lately. The format of the hangar banners is simply that it should look good as a horizontal banner that will be rescaled to a width of exactly 300 pixels. Many of these should be easy to convert into a square of other format for the new FlightGear GUI. James, if you suggest a format, then we can have graphics created for both purposes and stored on the wiki. A large pixel format in the correct dimensions would be best as it is easier to scale down than up, and it can be used in the future when the GUI changes. Though a true graphics artist will do a lot more than just scaling for different graphics sizes, so some people may like to know the final size.

As for getting a hangar banner up on the wiki, simple set up a wiki account, upload the file (setting the appropriate licence during, or after, the upload), and then update the wiki page [wiki] Template:hangar banner. I have been doing this mainly by myself, but anyone can do this.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby Michat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:46 am

Hello.
I've travested your QT launcher, illustrating some of the issues we have refering to zalakawe request and bugman answer post, about hangar logos in the launcher.
In other hand. I have also added some other needed elements, FG Icon, Launcher Name, and some other things I think could be needed or useful.

For this test I though that initially, the current size of the pictures and boxes were too big, according to the default FGLauncher size are soo big. So I decided to small them. Giving more list element to be shown.

As you can see on this mock-up, in my humble opinion ( because I'm just a GD aficionado), the results are not so good, different sizes, aspects. The result is kind of bazaar looking. I think so. However I wish to know your opinions. Of course having account that the launcher still is new and under development. We'll need to do a lot of things on it in order to match a pretty good looking + friendly user + easy to maintain application. Having account it's universal nature being the first thing that world-people will see starting FG.

I repeat "The result is kind of bazaar looking".

Maintenance could be an issue, and since I used a pentium travested into celeron by Intel, I don't know if by pre-loading images on the launcher my FG will be FPS affected with less mem available. On Last those questions I'm are out of competence skills.

Cheers
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Question.
I noticed a spelling error in my banner, was spelled HANGER not HANGAR.

I fixed it, but I cannot find where I am to define the new file, it is here:
Last edited by Octal450 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby bugman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 am

This is easy enough:

Regards,
Edward

EDIT: Link fix.