Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Wiki page delete requests  Topic is solved

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Wiki page delete requests

Postby agough » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:24 am

Hi guys,

A few weeks back, I uploaded some images I had made comparing FG scenery with real world photos I'd found on Flickr. Wiki = Creative Commons compatible, right? Oooops... Didn't notice the GPL license, which is incompatible with several CC licenses such as the no commercial usage images I'd picked out.

I emailed the hellosimon_at_gmail_dot_com mail on the about page about deleting the pages, but never got a reply, and the offending files are still up there. Anyone know another way of contacting the wiki admin?

(If the admin is on the forum, the pages are http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Agough_ ... ompare.png and http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Agough_ ... mapare.png)

Many apologies for not reading the rules properly!
agough

Callsign: G-OUGH
Version: 3.7

Re: Wiki page delete requests  

Postby Gijs » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:28 am

Hi,

don't worry, you did everything correctly. Media files on the wiki are not obliged to the GPL license (only text is). Each media file can have its distinct license detailed on its page. You did select (almost) the correct licenses on upload, there were just some missing templates on the wiki preventing them from showing up nicely. I'll fix that in a bit; thanks for reporting!

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby Johan G » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Oops. Deleted one of the images before seeing this topic. :oops: Deletion reverted now.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby agough » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Ah, I see. I didn't see the required license in the wizard's list, so I just picked the closest - and then suddenly thought "oh, they're not on the list because they're incompatible."

Had I read...
Text is available under the GNU GPL Version 2; additional terms may apply. Please view the media description page for details about the license of specific media files.

...properly, I would have realised!

Thanks for fixing that for me!
agough

Callsign: G-OUGH
Version: 3.7

Return to The FlightGear project