Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

POLL: Blocking from mpserver12

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Was it right to block IAHM-COL and legoboy from mpserver12?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:27 am

Absolutely: it is Rob's server and he may do whatever he wants.
50%
It was justified in IAHM-COL's case, but not legoboy's.
13%
No: they were not causing any problems on that server.
38%
I'm torn on this / cannot answer / none of the above.
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: POLL: Blocking from mpserver12

Postby clrCoda » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:00 am

http://mpserver12.org/tracker/

The tracker/server still exists.

It's just been moved off of it's previous flightgear.org URL and now uses http://mpserver12.org/tracker/.

I didn't vote. Seems in very poor taste, but I could be wrong about that, not given it much thought.
I would go as far on a limb as saying that I would most assuredly support Rob's right to do what ever he wishes with his server.

Some people will vote with their money, equipment, service provision, bans, arguments...

The biggest issue i see with trying to get any kind of consensus using the forum is that nearly no one in the community of user/developers of flightgear use the forum.

Even the daily multiplayer load is a number larger than the number of people that participate in the forum regularly.

Certainly we see people and small groups develop work here. But the number of regular participants in the forum is only a tiny fraction of the people that belong to it. And the number of people that belong/read the forum regularly, even if they never post, that number is only a tiny fraction of the people that actually use flightgear.

I can't help thinking that votes of any particular issue in flightgear is merely the opinions of the very very few people taking(sometimes even given) the opportunity to even consider the issue.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby simbambim » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:56 pm

I have a question.
If there was a racist server maintainer who was blocking blacks, or a Christian blocking Muslims, or a Russian blocking Americans, or a man blocking women, would you still justify it with "he's contributing, it's his server, he can do whatever he wants"?
Please tell me the truth. Because this is becoming quite disturbing.
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

Postby Hooray » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:09 pm

simbambim wrote in Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:56 pm:I have a question.
If there was a racist server maintainer who was blocking blacks, or a Christian blocking Muslims, or a Russian blocking Americans, or a man blocking women, would you still justify it with "he's contributing, it's his server, he can do whatever he wants"?
Please tell me the truth. Because this is becoming quite disturbing.

Sorry, sir - but you just lost the whole debate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby curt » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:23 pm

This thread just tipped over to completely ridiculous if it wasn't there already. Hooray, thanks for reminding us of Godwin's law.
curt
Administrator

Previous

Return to The FlightGear project