Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Logo proposal

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: Logo proposal

Postby android » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote in Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:51 pm:
Richi Hurtado wrote in Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:30 pm:Well, FG isn't only a flight simulator, it's a way of life, an international community, it's a lot of thinks... and when you click that icon on the desktop, it evokes all this things.

Yes, I agree. Those checkers are a very common feature in air races and the current colour scheme is extremely colourful and I really like it. The new one seems is completely blue and the two 'horns' seems awkward. This is only my personal opinion. I believe that the current FG logo can be fine-tuned but I don't like this new one. :roll:
android

Version: 3.0

Re: Logo proposal

Postby lenny64600 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I find this discussion very interesting. I never really focused on the logo before reading this thread. Actually, i agree with Richi : i don't recognize the airport checker with the black and yellow part.
I would suggest you guys some logos.

I tried to emphasize an airplane using the small case "f". It was a big deal to make the f still readable. As it is not strong enough, i picked some humanist font (Lato) to emphasize both readability, accessibility and the openness of this simulator. I also played with a different font for the capital "G" using Nimbus Sans L. It is common to fliGht and Gear.
Of course, a new color appears (#BFBF59) to add some complementary color. But of course the initial blue (#3D75B2) is omnipresent.

And why not an inverted version ?

As it is a negative, i really focused on a single side of the "f" and removed the path tracing behind the engines.

Maybe we would want to print it ?

Here is a really minimalistic version with only two grey colors : plain black (#000000) and 50% grey (#808080).

Tell me guys what you thing about those ideas.

Cheers,

Lenny
*NEW : New website to follow ATC sessions : http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Callsign: LFOK_TW, F-LENNY

Previous

Return to The FlightGear project