Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

BitTorrent

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

BitTorrent

Postby ~NB~Eagle » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Hello,
i am new in the forum but not new to flightgear. I just want to download the 3.0.0 aircraft and v2.12(svn22083) scenery via bit torrent like with 2.10., but i "only" found ftp mirrors for the aircrafts and a the bit torrent link to 2.12.1 on terasaur.org (http://terasaur.org/item/show/flightgear-v2-12-1/6699). I searched at terasaur.org but there is no newer version like the link to 2.12.1 from the download central at flightgear.org. And if i want to download the latest scenery via bittorent from http://www.flightgear.org/download/scenery/ i come to http://terasaur.org/item/show/flightgear-v2-10/6663
Maybe its to early or it is not intended to get this via bittorrent, but i hope it is possible, not only for me, also for others who want to download the great new content.

cheers
~NB~Eagle

Re: BitTorrent

Postby Johan G » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I would say it is too early. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby curt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Just a quick update ... I've been scrambling on all my obligations on all fronts (flightgear, day job, family, etc.) and unfortunately haven't gotten to making/uploading the torrents yet. It's high on my list with about 12 other things that are also screaming for my attention.

Regards,

Curt.
curt
Administrator

Postby Hooray » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:26 pm

FG already use's cmake's cpack for packaging in some places, we could add a cpack generator that creates torrent files to help automate that: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby ~NB~Eagle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:46 am

curt wrote in Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm:Just a quick update ... I've been scrambling on all my obligations on all fronts (flightgear, day job, family, etc.) and unfortunately haven't gotten to making/uploading the torrents yet. It's high on my list with about 12 other things that are also screaming for my attention.

Regards,

Curt.

Thanks for the update....and of course rl has priority. So i can wait a bit longer.

Johan G wrote in Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm:I would say it is too early. ;)

yep... you are right 8)
~NB~Eagle

Postby ~NB~Eagle » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:39 am

Hi,
without bothering anyone, i just wanted to remind after a month is gone because of the missing torrent links.

Regards
~NB~Eagle

Postby kastaldi » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi, still no 3.0 torrent links...
kastaldi

Postby elgaton » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:45 pm

@kastaldi: it seems they were not updated... I suggest you download FG using the traditional method. To avoid restarting the download if it gets interrupted, I suggest you use a good download manager, such as DownThemAll! if you're on Firefox. (There are some unofficial torrents on the Web, but I would not recommend using them.)

(Also, since a new version - 3.2 - is going to be released in mid-August, I'll add a remark on the release documents so that the torrent links will be provided next time).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby ~NB~Eagle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 am

elgaton wrote in Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:45 pm:@kastaldi: it seems they were not updated... I suggest you download FG using the traditional method. To avoid restarting the download if it gets interrupted, I suggest you use a good download manager, such as DownThemAll! if you're on Firefox. (There are some unofficial torrents on the Web, but I would not recommend using them.)

(Also, since a new version - 3.2 - is going to be released in mid-August, I'll add a remark on the release documents so that the torrent links will be provided next time).

But there are still no correct links... :(
~NB~Eagle

Return to The FlightGear project