Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Flightgear.org website

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Flightgear.org website

Postby vivian » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

I've just landed on our website for the first time in a while. I thought I had made a mistake and landed on a FlightSim Pro, or whatever it calls itself this week, website: "sophisticated, professional, open-source" is just the strap-line the scammers use. What happened to our logo? The adverts are more prominent than our own content, and in particular the download of "PDF Creator" is more prominent than our own download. The whole thing looks half-baked, or even broken.

That said, once I had got over the shock and disappointment and explored a bit, the content is actually satisfactory.

Flightgear might be described as "sophisticated, professional, open-source, but it is NOT the impression that our home page gives.
vivian

Re: Flightgear.org website

Postby anonymous2 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 am

Last edited by anonymous2 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymous2
Retired

Postby Michat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 am

Totally agree with vivian and evilslut.

I add that FB(i) makes surveillance to all users that visit FG even they have no account in Facebook.
Maybe it helps fighting against ProF**ckSimulator.

But in my opinion FB box is not a good idea, totally opposed to the FG's sense.

Design is important, message is important, foreign relations... important, strategy... important.

FG is High Value's free software and has to looks like, with freedom, culture and independence among it's great virtues.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Hooray » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 am

this was also raised by a number of new FG users like mentioned on the devel list by Gijs: http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear- ... 39533.html
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Return to The FlightGear project