Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Document for the wiki

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Document for the wiki

Postby Wittner » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi,

I was doing some work on assignments for my CH yoke and pedals (CH yoke and Pro pedals on a Mac). It took a bit of work to figure out all the assignments, button numbers and axis settings for the various buttons and levers. I decided to do up a PDF which contains all the assignment information for changing the XML joystick file or creating a new file etc. and would like to give it to the community as it might save someone time. What is the best way to include it in the wiki? I don't want to barge in writing a wiki article but would like to email it to someone who might find a use for it,

cheers,

Wittner
Wittner

Re: Document for the wiki

Postby stuart » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Wittner,

We have a section in The FlighGear Manual that describes joystick support. It's available in PDF or HTML, and the relevant section is 3.6.

Here's what we currently have : http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/getstart/getstartch3.html#x8-600003.6

The source code is in Latex, and if you are interested in providing some updated text, I'd be delighted to incorporate it into the document.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Re: Document for the wiki

Postby Hooray » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Also, just to add to what stuart said: for the future, if anybody wants to contribute something, but doesn't know how to, you could simply post your texts to the forum, so that one of us can copy/paste it to the wiki or to the LaTex manual.

(personally, I don't think it is all that helpful to mention the manual and even LaTex if somebody is just asking to contribute to the wiki)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Return to The FlightGear project