Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Which file is the one I want?????

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Which file is the one I want?????

Postby tannaberton » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:51 pm

Never having gotten this to work I thought I would try again. I now find I can download aircraft because they are listed with the name. So I did that. Then I want specific airports but after going in circles, I found there are a bunch or letters and numbers in a list and no way to tell what is where. Then I started hitting dead links trying to locate the location map where you click little squares. So I figured they want me to buy it all from them so I click the link but it seems there is some problem requiring some kind of modification...but thanks for using NIQ something or other. I see nothing about this that means it is supported or even if the owners want people to use it. If I am wrong convince me.
tannaberton

Callsign: C-GTYX
Version: latest

Re: Which file is the one I want?????

Postby merspieler » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:03 pm

You can search for the Airport by name, no need to know the ICAO code (the numbers and letters you see in the airports list)

tannaberton wrote in Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:51 pm:Then I started hitting dead links trying to locate the location map where you click little squares. So I figured they want me to buy it all from them so I click the link but it seems there is some problem requiring some kind of modification.

Seems you look at the old download site. First of all, you don't need to buy anything.
All you want is to go in the launcher to Settings and turn "Download scenery automatically" on.
Then start and it will download the required scenery for you.
(you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Return to The FlightGear project