Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Interesting questions.

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: Interesting questions.

Postby Parnikkapore » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 am

Cool, then!
There are free alternatives to every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next [PPA]

Postby IceBreaker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 am

Parnikkapore wrote in Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 am:Cool, then!

Thanks, but the screenshots show only a little quick experiment. The final models will be much more beautiful and optimized, they will better reflect the lights in night flights, and will have a more varied effect in the scenery making cities, countries and airports much more spectacular and realistic without compromising the performance of the graphics engine.

I am currently working on the first models, and I am making the new Piper J3 Cub aircraft, so I will do my best to show the results as soon as possible.
IceBreaker

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:35 pm

IceBreaker wrote in Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:02 am:Thorsten I use only images as references. Same for 3D modeling of objects. I make everything from scratch, but I use blueprints to get visual references.

Googlemaps is useful to understand how to create textures and give a more realistic effect to objects, even if some of them are made with minimal textures and clean to give a good effect at distance in VFR flight.

For habit I never use material created by others, or textures of other free projects / services, because the licensing speech is very obscure so it is better to waste time but have the security of having 100% free material.

perhaps i misread this below earlier quote of yours?
IceBreaker wrote in Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:18 am:I take pieces of images on googlemaps (airports, cities, and more) then amount on Gimp and through very simple editing

that certainly reads like you snip'n'clip google maps images to use as textures... that line is the sole reason why i made the statement i did about google licensing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby IceBreaker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:33 pm

My knowledge of English is mediocre, so it's my fault (I can not clearly express my ideas I recognize it).

googlemaps I do not use it, I'm not going to use it because with gimp I can create textures of excellent quality, even for the terrain, taxiways, runways, and more I can use gimp and some addons that help me generate really beautiful and realistic textures.

Do not worry, I beg your pardon if in some way I have created misunderstandings.

With blender I use materials generated with the node editor, then I convert materials into textures (uv map) so I only use open source software (for many years now).

Thank you for your kind reply, I appreciate it very much :wink:
IceBreaker

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:50 pm

it is ok... i apologize if i misread and/or misunderstood what you were trying to say... i just wanted to ensure that the rules were understood... we're good as far as i'm concerned :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to The FlightGear project