Board index FlightGear Support Flying Helicopter

Helicopter woes

Helicopter flying is completely different from flying a fixed-wing aircraft and thus requires different skills.

Re: Helicopter woes

Postby tduell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 pm

AndersG wrote:You can also checkout individual subdirectories from CVS. Just include the path to the directory you want when doing the checkout. E.g.
Code: Select all
cvs -d :pserver:cvsguest@cvs.flightgear.org:/var/cvs/FlightGear-0.9 checkout -r RELEASE_1_0_0 data/Aircraft/787

Use -r to set the version you want (or -d for a certain date). For 1.0.0 you want
"-r RELEASE_1_0_0", and for CVS/HEAD you just leave out "-r RELEASE_1_0_0".

Btw, you can do this with TortoiseCVS for windows too - there you just select the module (i.e. aircraft directory :) you want in the module list (click "fetch list" first).
Set the desired version using the revision tab before commencing the check out

I would assume that the Fedora 9 FG v1.0.0 package, which I have installed, would have included all the v1.0.0 aircraft. Others suggested that I try the ec135 helicopter, which wasn't part of the Fedora FG v1.0.0 distribution.

Is there a way that I can browse the content of the v1.0.0 aircraft in CVS?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Cheers,
Terry
tduell

Postby Jester » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:49 am

Sure, use the web interface to cvs.
EDIT: Generally, the released data package only contains a limited number of hand-picked aircraft, targeted at showing off the capabilities of FG, while keeping file size to a minimum.
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

Postby tduell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm

Jester wrote:Sure, use the web interface to cvs.
EDIT: Generally, the released data package only contains a limited number of hand-picked aircraft, targeted at showing off the capabilities of FG, while keeping file size to a minimum.

OK, thank you. I now have the release 1.0 version of the EC-135.
It does appear to be easier to fly than the bo105, although there has still been some 'crash and burn' going on.
I miss the torque meter of the bo105, but expect that a bit more practice will overcome that.

Many thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Terry
tduell

Postby HHS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 pm

tduell wrote:I miss the torque meter of the bo105, but expect that a bit more practice will overcome that.

There will come a better one with the next release (if the release don't come to early of course, but it doesen't seems so...)
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Previous

Return to Helicopter