Board index FlightGear Support Flying Helicopter

Helicopter flight

Helicopter flying is completely different from flying a fixed-wing aircraft and thus requires different skills.

Helicopter flight

Postby Avatar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 am

hi guys i have recently installed flight gear and i was wondering how do you get helicopters up in the air :?: i have managed to start the engine and tried to get it up in the air but instead of flying it just sits on the ground accasionly spinning a little but not rally going anywhere. i use windows vista and the game itself works fine and so do all the planes but the helicopters start up and stay there. i read the manual and tried the suggestions but i'm still grounded i am hoping someone will know how to fly a helicopter and tell me how to fly mine thanks

Re: Helicopter flight

Postby Gijs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 am

Avatar wrote:hi guys i have recently installed flight gear and i was wondering how do you get helicopters up in the air

Did you reduced the collective to minimum? If so, pull the collective (mostly Pg Dn). Now you will takeoff.
Please be a little more clear and tell us what you did.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby Avatar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 am

i dont really know what the collective is but i just pushed pgdn for a while and it worked thanks gijs you're a miracle worker. :D :D :D :D

Postby Gijs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 am

Avatar wrote:i dont really know what the collective is but i just pushed pgdn for a while and it worked thanks gijs you're a miracle worker. :D :D :D :D

You're welcome. Next time, try to check the wiki a little farther. There's a very good manual which describes everything you need.

Enjoy your flights!
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby OrbiTrolli » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Avatar wrote:i dont really know what the collective is but

The collective collectively adjusts the pitch of the rotor blades and therefore controls the lift. :D

Edit: Hey, did someone hack my post? I don't remember putting that smiling face there. I never use smiling or any other kind of face.
Last edited by OrbiTrolli on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrbiTrolli

Postby Avatar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:49 am

you guys should try flying the uh60 black hawk it's a challenge i recon it's definatly harder to fly the the default helicopter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Return to Helicopter