Board index FlightGear Support Flying Helicopter

EC130, weird MP bug

Helicopter flying is completely different from flying a fixed-wing aircraft and thus requires different skills.

EC130, weird MP bug

Postby Centurion100 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 am

Hi.

New to FG and into Choppers.
Tried a few choppers without any problems, but when I tried the EC130 It did something weird.
I will try to explain.
Seen another player with an EC130 on the MP map, so I found the airport nearest, spawned , in hope of seeing another over Multiplayer. The other guy was in process of crashing when he loaded in.
A quick chat over Multiplayer with him and he said everything went weird when I spawned, but he will be right back.
I started up and was sitting ready for takeoff when he respawned, but when he did, my Choppers engine died. Another quick chat with him confirmed that what happened to him when I spawned.
We tried a couple more times and who ever is in first has their engine killed when the next one spawn in.
Weird or what.
Got the ec130 from the launcher and Im running 2020.1 in Windows.

This is the only chopper I have had this happen with.

Anyone help with this issue?
Centurion100

Re: EC130, weird MP bug

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm

this sounds like property pollution...

simply said, your craft and the other craft are using craft specific properties that are starting with a leading '/' in the code when they should not be... the result is the property is being used from the root of the property tree instead of from the craft's branch...

both craft need to be looked at and adjusted...
we know you are using the EC130... what was the other craft? where was it acquired?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Centurion100 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:51 pm

It was also an EC130 and as far as I know it would come from the same source.
Centurion100

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm

if they are the same craft, then yes, i'd say there is most certainly some property pollution going on... your craft's properties should not affect another craft's properties and the same going the other way... it requires a code fix in the craft's xml files...

is this craft in the default hanger (aka FGAddon) or was it pulled from like FGUK's site?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Centurion100 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Default hanger I think, its through the launcher.
Centurion100

Postby mhab » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello there

I am a bit confused, why nobody contacts me via gitlab and the development repo of the EC130/H130 (as listed and linked in the EC130/H130 FG Wiki page),
and instead I read about a MP bug fixed in the FGUK copy of the EC130 ...

Several people involved here have a strange understanding of collaboration ...

Remark: This is just my opinion, as I have spent 800-1000h improving this heli over the last years ...

EDIT: ... and the EC130 was tested over MP years ago without any problem using 2 helis of the same type, I think it was with FG 2017

Not really amused
Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Helicopter