Board index FlightGear Support Flying Autopilot

ATR 72-500 SID / STAR

Using the autopilot is an important thing when flying airliners.

ATR 72-500 SID / STAR

Postby flycanarias » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 am

Hello guys,
I've got an issue with the ATR 72-500 from omegahangar:

I can not select SIDs ans STARs and add them to the route. I've entered the correct airports and runways, and selected the right legs.
The first waypoint after the airport is the waypoint where the SID ends, and the last waypoint before the destination is the one, where the STAR begins.
I have installed the navigation data, and done everything according to the explanation in the video.

Who has an idea to solve this problem?

Best regards,

flycanarias
Canary Islands Custom Scenery
Improvement of the AI Traffic for the Canary Islands Region
RoutePlans for the Eastern Atlantic (Azores, Madeira, Cap Verde, Canaries)
About to open a Binter Canarias VA
flycanarias

Re: ATR 72-500 SID / STAR

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 pm

first off, what video?

second, what do you mean you installed the navigation data?

third, how are you trying to enter these?

for me, i didn't watch any video but i did clone the repo with the data... then, after a quick study, i modified a script slightly to copy the data into my custom airports directory with the proper file names... i copied it there so as to not muck up my default installation data... so once the script move was finished, i can easily select SIDs and STARs in the standard built-in autopilot dialog... if a craft overrides that dialog, they may not allow for SIDs and STARs... using the UFO, it seems to work but i'm still figuring it all out... especially when using the routing button and knowing whether to click it first before doing the approach and stuff or not...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby flycanarias » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello, thanks for the fast reply.
The ATR has an own FMC with extra navigation data.
And that is where you have to select SIDs and STARs. Omega hangar has made a tutorial for the custom FMC, but although the video explains it very good, I can't get the SIDs and STARs to work.
Any Idea for this ?
Canary Islands Custom Scenery
Improvement of the AI Traffic for the Canary Islands Region
RoutePlans for the Eastern Atlantic (Azores, Madeira, Cap Verde, Canaries)
About to open a Binter Canarias VA
flycanarias

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm

i have no ideas at this time.. i've never seen that craft... does its route manager override the one in the F10 menu? if not, can you do the SIDs and STARs there and see them on the map when the route lines are drawn? granted, the craft may not use that information but this is one way to ensure that you have the SIDs and STARs loading in the proper place...

also remember, if you use terrasync, it will remove files that it doesn't know about in the areas that it manages... this is why i placed my airport procedures files in my custom Scenery/Airports directory that terrasync doesn't know about...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Autopilot