Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

MiG-15bis

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: MiG-15bis

Postby someguy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:57 am

Vitos, I loaded the MiG and selected Autostart from the menu. After about one minute, the panel lights switched off and nothing more happened. The log shows instruments and such loading, then these final lines:

Nasal runtime error: container index not scalar
at /Applications/FlightGear-git.app/Contents/Resources/data/Nasal/view.nas, line 215
called from: /Applications/FlightGear-git.app/Contents/Resources/data/Nasal/view.nas, line 626
using aircraft-dir for:/Applications/FlightGear-git.app/Contents/Resources/data/Aircraft/MiG-15/Nasal/MiG-15bis.nas
loading scenario 'nimitz_demo'
loading scenario 'vinson_demo'
getting flightplan: Cruise-1
AIShip: Cruise-1 initializing waypoints
AIShip: Cruise-1 done initialising waypoints 0
creating 3D noise texture... DONE
Program's vertex attrib binding 7, binormal
Program's vertex attrib binding 6, tangent
Program's vertex attrib binding 7, binormal
Program's vertex attrib binding 6, tangent
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby vitos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

someguy wrote:Nasal runtime error: container index not scalar
at /Applications/FlightGear-git.app/Contents/Resources/data/Nasal/view.nas, line 215

someguy: Maybe problem not in MIG, but in FG view.nas file. I had asked guys in IRC about it and changed something, maybe it will help.

Please download new version. If it still will be not start use MiG-15bis/Properties dump, and send me file that will appear in $FG-HOME/state directory.

Directory $FG-HOME, it is ~/.fgfs commonly, must allows write. You can check what $FG-HOME is by pressing / in running FG and checking key /sim/fg-home.
Last edited by vitos on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waste of time: too unprofitable for work, too exhausting for hobby.
vitos

Callsign: vitos
IRC name: vitos
Version: 3.4

Postby Toanphuc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Outstanding aircraft,i love how you simulated the ignition sequence and the engine failed condition,the cockpit is beyond standard and the docs help well :D .I hope you can update this on GIT soon and make some upgrade to make a Mig-17.
ANd by the way the auto start is working well on my Win xp computer but the JSBsim not working well with my system.However the auto start is a little slow to start compare to the manual one.
A good flight sim is not to make people feel fly easier but to make them feel fly is as real as it get.
Other Free Flight Sims viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8847
Toanphuc

Postby vitos » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Toanphuc wrote:Outstanding aircraft,i love how you simulated the ignition sequence and the engine failed condition,the cockpit is beyond standard and the docs help well :D .I hope you can update this on GIT soon and make some upgrade to make a Mig-17.

Thank You. Yes, but after some time. MiG-17 must have new fdm, new exterior model and texture, original radar, ai rockets, and I will do another project previously.

Toanphuc wrote:ANd by the way the auto start is working well on my Win xp computer but the JSBsim not working well with my system.However the auto start is a little slow to start compare to the manual one.

Try to check rendering options by menu. It can not be that JSBsim lowers something, its pretty fast. Auto start waits for every switch to change position, so it maybe little slower than start by hands, but difference must be very little.
vitos

Postby Upkeep » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Dear Vitos:

Looks a fantastic aircraft, but I am having the same problem as someguy. The autostart does not work on my computer. Windows 7, Flightgear 2.0. I don't have GIt as I cannot seem to get it to work. Do you have a download that will work with 2.0 with the autostart function. If so I would be very grateful. Hope you can help. Thanks very much. Regards. Upkeep.
Upkeep

Postby vitos » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Upkeep wrote:Flightgear 2.0.

Ah, that is the reason . Think matter of that is fix that I had made then some guys asked me to move to git FG version. Git version differs from clear 2.0 slightly, at least by one property, so change Nasal\MiG-15bis.nas file.

Find string

engine_temperature=getprop("/engines/engine/egt-degf");

and change it to

engine_temperature=getprop("/engines/engine/egt_degf");

Or take new version from same place http://users.flightgear.ru/vitos/MiG-15.zip , file http://users.flightgear.ru/vitos/MiG-15bis.nas , and put that file in /Nasal MiG directory to overwrite old. Better take new, I've add some new features, what is was...canopy tears apart if You forget to close it, that's it, and maybe something else.

It's would be mindless if I was make patch each time I make new version since You know what reason is, so simply take version and change file, it shall work.

Hope it'll help, if not then please write me about that.

As I told them before, better not to change important property names too fast.
vitos

Postby Upkeep » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you Vitos. Very good of you to respond so quickly.
Tried changing the line as you suggested, but that did not appear to sort out the problem. So downloaded the whole file from the link you provided. However, the same thing happened when I replaced the existing file with the new one. All the start up actions appear to go as planned, but the engine does not actually start. May I am doing something wrong?

I wonder if any other people are having the same trouble besides someguy?

Thank you anyway for your help on this.

All the best.

Upkeep.
Upkeep

Postby vitos » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Upkeep wrote:May I am doing something wrong?

Please make menu/MiG-15bis/Properties dump after engine startup attempt and send to me file $FG-Home/state/properties-dump.xml

$FG-Home=~./fgfs commonly on Linux. Check in fgrun first page there is it on Windows.
vitos

Postby Upkeep » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Dear Vitos:

Thanks again for the fast response. I have done the properties dump as you requested, but I cannot see any way of attaching it to this post? I am probably missing something!!! Regards. Upkeep.
Upkeep

Postby vitos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:10 am

Upkeep wrote:Thanks again for the fast response. I have done the properties dump as you requested, but I cannot see any way of attaching it to this post? I am probably missing something!!! Regards. Upkeep.

Use http://pastebin.org/ for example, put text from file to it, and attach link to post.
vitos

Postby someguy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:50 am

Victor, I sent an attachment (two, actually) to the email address in the readme. I hope that worked.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby vitos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 am

someguy wrote:Victor, I sent an attachment (two, actually) to the email address in the readme. I hope that worked.

Aha, at lats. It seems strange, but Your FG have no standart property pilotg-damped that was used in MiG to control engine g overload shutoff and some other features. I had replaced that with proper internal JSBSim property Nz, so it should work now.

Grab new version http://users.flightgear.ru/vitos/MiG-15.zip or take ttp://users.flightgear.ru/vitos/MiG-15bis.nas file and replace previous with it.
vitos

Postby Upkeep » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am

Dear Vitos:

Seeing the response from someguy, I downloaded the new version you just posted, but unfortunately that did not start either. I have done a properties dump for this too, so I now have two properties dump files for both versions. Would it be easier now to email these to to you as the email address in the readme like someguy?

However, I have now noticed something else which applies to both versions. When the aircraft is loaded up on Flightgear and appears for the first time on the screen, it falls back on its tail. When I press Autostart, nothing happens. Then I go to the Menu and press Full Restart. It then falls back on the nose to correct position. I then press Autostart, and all the switches start to move as mentioned before, and the panel lights up. However, the engines do not start.

I hope this helps to isolate the problem I am having.

All the best

Upkeep.
Upkeep

Postby vitos » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 am

Upkeep wrote:Would it be easier now to email

If it easier for You then of course.

Upkeep wrote:it falls back on its tail

It's not connected with main problem, but I would fix that too if You send me Your dump files.
vitos

Postby Upkeep » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:55 am

Dear Vitos:

Thanks for the reply. Have just emailed the two properties files to your address in Readme. The email is headed 'Message from Upkeep'. Thanks very much for your help. Regards. Upkeep.
Upkeep

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft