Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: GNU/GPL MiG-21 development

Postby pjedvaj » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:52 pm

You made me install FG again. Great work as usual Skydive. :wink:
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby Skydive » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 pm

pjedvaj wrote in Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:52 pm:You made me install FG again. Great work as usual Skydive. :wink:

welcome back. hope you liked it
Skydive

Postby Skydive » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 pm

I wonder If anybody could help me make radar page work on the mfd?
I am getting lost in the number of files required for that and making the ends meet. Any help would be appreciated.
Skydive

Postby PINTO » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Another update. I may be forgetting some stuff, sorry.

- Lots of little bug fixes.
- A new Draken International livery thanks to Gary over at FGUK!
- RWR limits increased from +/-20 degrees to +/-45.
- Almost all weapons have appropriate rails.
- Hydraulic and electric systems have been rewritten to factor in loads applied.
- Radar warmup now required, or the radar will burn out.
- Leaving the gear handle in the up position drains the pneumatic system, resulting in a loss of braking power and inability to deploy the chute.
- Flaps have been tied into the hydraulic system, and will automatically retract based on wind pressure.
- Blown flaps/BLC has been integrated into the FDM. Keep the N1 up (at least 80%) during landing or the blown flaps will not work, and you will lose a lot of lift. Switch is on the left side of the cockpit.
- Ground control intercept is possible with the OPRF GCI asset. It is possible to use the R-27's fire-without-lock feature to combat other aircraft with the radar off using this.
- There is a csv file in the repo for looking up pipper angles to assist in dropping bombs semi-accurately. This data is formatted roughly the same as the real manual that MiG-21 pilots would use, however the data has been pulled out of FG's submodel dropping code.

- Its possible to load radio freqs from a text file. Format for the text file is:
Code: Select all
# this is a comment
nav

adf

ils

comm

The parser for these is incredibly simplistic. Any deviation from this format will probably break things.

I'm rewriting how I handle interactions with other aircraft, which will include a rewrite of the radar logic (which will include manual antenna pointing and gimbal limits, weather effects, possibly jamming, targets hiding in ground clutter, sidelobe interference, and other stuff probably in addition to whats already there), better IFF code, better RWR code, and how submodel impact detection works.

In addition, I'm trying to add one new feature a day, however minor that feature is.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (link to repo) (link to thread)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: 2016.3.0

Postby Octal450 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Good work pinto! looking forward to trying.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

FGFS Aircraft Developer
Lead Developer at Immersive Design Group (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from Octal450 Hangar
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real. - Donald Douglas
Octal450

Callsign: WTF450/Octal
Version: 2018.3.2

Previous

Return to Aircraft