Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Slow instrument

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Slow instrument

Postby bassmannate » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:54 am

Hello,

I modified the code for the first VSI in the Bocian sailplane to act as a compensated variometer. I'm using the nasal script found in this post: http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewto ... =15#p35604
and it seems to be working properly except that the needle only seems to be updating 1-2 times per second. All other instruments are operating normally. It's just this one and I can't figure out why it won't operate smoothly.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to instrument programming. I really want this to work properly partly to have it working but also so I can understand what is going on and maybe do some other work and contribute.

Thanks!
bassmannate

Re: Slow instrument

Postby erik » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 am

it's probably due to this line, you might want to increase the update rate to say 30Hz:

settimer(func me.update(), 1/2); # update rate: twice per second
erik

Postby bassmannate » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Ah. Thank you! I thought there might be a line in there somewhere that controlled the update frequency. I just couldn't find it.
bassmannate

Postby bassmannate » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:53 pm

One more question about this instrument...

How would I damp the movement of the needle? As it works now the needle is CONSTANTLY moving and makes it difficult to tell what the actual reading should be.
bassmannate

Return to Aircraft