Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Russian Helicopter Mil Mi-6

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Russian Helicopter Mil Mi-6

Postby Blender3D » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Particle problem not yet solved... but I made the ASI and VSI working and textures for them. I will commit the new version to GIT, when I have finished the Help page so people can use it more easily.

http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2010/08/18-0626054345L.png

BTW: How can I have multiple Attitude indicators? I mean that I want to have two independent ones that read from different properties:
Attitude indicator 1 reads from instrumentation/attitude-indicator[0]/...
Attitude indicator 2 reads from instrumentation/attitude-indicator[1]/...
How can I make that? I know it is possible (Tu154) But I haven't yet understood how.

--Blender3D

EDIT: You should now be able to receive the newest version with the ASI and VSI textures and animation via git.
Code: Select all
git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git

EDIT2: new git URL...
Last edited by Blender3D on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fly one of the biggest rotary wing aircraft the world has seen so far! --> Get the newest version now! (http://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev/archive-tarball/master or "git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git")
Blender3D

Postby AndersG » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi,

Instruments and their associated systems are configured in the instrumentation and system files, respectively.
If not included in the -set file FG will load generic-instrumentation.xml and generic-systems.xml from Aircraft/Generic.
See Aircraft/Short_Empire for an example of a rather small instrumentation and system setup and how to conveniently make 3d instruments pick their data from the right instrument instance.

Cheers,

Anders
[edit]Spelling. A cell phone is not a good platform for writing, even though it has a keyboard.[/edit]
Last edited by AndersG on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby Blender3D » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks, AndersG, The Mi-6 has now two independent AIs. The next days, I will then work on the electrical system, Landing lights etc.

--Blender3D
Fly one of the biggest rotary wing aircraft the world has seen so far! --> Get the newest version now! (http://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev/archive-tarball/master or "git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git")
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 am

Ok, guys...time for a small texture update:

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Groucho » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:01 am

Blender3D wrote:Ok, guys...time for a small texture update:

This is an absolutely neat idea. Gives the typical "russian" feeling. This worn-out look greatly differentes from all those clean and proper aircraft interior in Flightgear which more than often gives the impression of having just left the factory gates.
Helis: EC130, Bo105, UH-1, R22
Twins/Jets: Aerostar, CRJ-200
Groucho

Callsign: D-HARP
Version: GIT

Postby Johan G » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Groucho wrote:This worn-out look greatly differentes from all those clean and proper aircraft interior in Flightgear which more than often gives the impression of having just left the factory gates.

I totally agree. What one often see on, say YouTube, is dusty, worn (even to the metal) cockpits. Even if it's a F-16C cockpit.

I'm all in for that worn, well used, look. :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby vitos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Looking very good.
Waste of time: too unprofitable for work, too exhausting for hobby.
vitos

Callsign: vitos
IRC name: vitos
Version: 3.4

Postby Blender3D » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for the positive comments, guys...
However, now available:Wiki-article
Feel free to enhance it!

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Just for your information: I know it's not a satisfying solution and does not by far reach my (or any other person's) expectations of an engine simulation code, but during the last few days, I wrote some Nasal that simulates different engine properties like oil- and exhaust-temperature. In that code the temperatures are linear to the rpm of the turbine and therefore not very realistic. But however it gives me the possibility to write animations and gives you the feeling of a fully enhanced cockpit.

I'll upload that to Git as soon as I finished reorganizing animation code and .ac files. (It sucks when all instruments and switches are in one single file!!)

--Blender3D

EDIT: Now working: RPM-percentage-gauge! Now you can see how fast the engines are going.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:37 am

Ok... It's time for a new update to this thread: New Textures!!

--Blender3D

PS: I wish all of you and your families a very nice Christmas!
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey, guys!

It's time for a new update: The reworked overheadpanel for the flight-engineer.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby MOJO » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:06 pm

very very nice
F-18 Hornets by Mandate - F-14 Tomcats by Choice
MOJO

Callsign: MOJO
Version: 2

Postby Blender3D » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for comments, guys...

BTW: I've got some problems adding new textures to my helicopter lately. I have now 77 independent materials and 24 textures for my helicopter. not all of them have textures. However the last materials that I added (which have textures) are rendered without textures in FG. There isn't any console output telling my anything. I've already checked and double-checked the paths and the existence of the files. Does anybody know what might have gone wrong? Is there something like a limited amount of textures or materials one can use on one plane or in one *.ac file?
If you want to see the problem for yourself just go ahead and download the newest version from the link in my signature...

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Update: I got the exhaust-temperature indicator working. I also fixed the texturing problems that I mentioned in the post above.

Download the newest version from GIT! (The link is in my signature.)

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Toanphuc » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Outstanding work Blender3D, keep moving forward,if you need image or information i will try to support you.Go go Mil
Here is an image of my country air force Mil 6.
A good flight sim is not to make people feel fly easier but to make them feel fly is as real as it get.
Other Free Flight Sims viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8847
Toanphuc

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft