Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Russian Helicopter Mil Mi-6

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Mil mi-6...

Postby Blender3D » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

As a matter of fact, I'm just developing the model and textures at the Moment. Therefore you can follow the development there: http://www.blendpolis.de/viewtopic.php? ... 5&start=20 (german!). My account is (as you ca guess) ubuntu.
BTW: The truck in the one picture is not made by me. Anyway the author of it allowed me to use the model as it is there for any purpose if I mention that it's not my work. So maybe you will have that beautiful truck as (external) load in the simulation. But therefore I need to complete the FDM, model, textures etc.

--Blender3D
Fly one of the biggest rotary wing aircraft the world has seen so far! --> Get the newest version now! (http://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev/archive-tarball/master or "git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git")
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:32 pm

I haven't yet understood the thing with the h/m/v stab. Could somebody please explain me how to use them?

--Blender3D
Fly one of the biggest rotary wing aircraft the world has seen so far! --> Get the newest version now! (http://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev/archive-tarball/master or "git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git")
Blender3D

Postby HHS » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby MOJO » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:08 pm

How is the beauty coming along?

Simon
F-18 Hornets by Mandate - F-14 Tomcats by Choice
MOJO

Callsign: MOJO
Version: 2

Postby Blender3D » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:15 am

Hello, guys!

Too bad that the development of my helicopter has halted during the last few month. But now I try to take it up again. Here you'll find the current development status and I ask you to help me with the FDM, because I have not enough knowhow and experience to get this helicopter flying on my own. I know that there are some textures missing, but I didn't put them into the archive because it may have gotten too big.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 am

Hi, all

I have today I have made some progress again. The heli is still very hard to control, but I could fly it. Here's a screenshot:

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Re: Russian Helicopter Mil Mi-6 - downloadlink in the first post

Postby Blender3D » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 pm

I have a short question to all of you out there: How can I make the FDM for the little wings of my helicopter? I mean the short wings near the main rotor.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby Blender3D » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 pm

Another question that I need to solve: If it's possible, how can I make a real twin engine helicopter? I mean like the Tu-154B. It has 3 independent engines and can run on only 2 or one of them. My helicopter has two engines an I should be able to fly it using only one of them (probably then without payload).
Does anybody of you know what I have to modify to get two independent engines?

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby HHS » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am

Blender3D wrote:Another question that I need to solve: If it's possible, how can I make a real twin engine helicopter? I mean like the Tu-154B. It has 3 independent engines and can run on only 2 or one of them. My helicopter has two engines an I should be able to fly it using only one of them (probably then without payload).
Does anybody of you know what I have to modify to get two independent engines?

--Blender3D

Hi,

YASim unfortunately doesn't support their engines for helicopter simulation! :(
The Bo105 simulates/fakes two engines, but has soem problems: shutting down one of them, and you still have the power of two or shutting down the wrong engine no power. No Torque split as well.

If you are brave, you may ask Melchior for help, as he made the Bo105.nas-script. I have searched my own, but didn't fand any answer yet
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby Blender3D » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

I know a little C++ and with that language you would solve the problem like this:

1 Klasse "engine" with all properties and functions like update_engine and update_fuel
1 function that actually runs the engines. It just calls the engine-functions with the right parameters
1 main function in which you have the code to create the engines and which calls the function that runs the engines.

in psedocode it would look like this
Code: Select all
class engine
       var running;
       var rpm;
       var temperature
       #stuff like that...
       function update();
       function start();
       #more stuff like that

function run_engine(engine e0, engine e1)
      if starterswitch_engine0 == 1
             e0.start();
      if starterswitch_engine0 == 0
             e0.shutdown();
      #more stuff like that
      else
             e0.update();
             e1.update();

function main()
      engine eng0;
      engine eng1;
      run_engine(eng0, eng1);

main();

Is that possible in FG? It should be. If not, why shouldn't we just use 3 engines? One that actually is the simulated engine and two "virtual" engines that just control power and torque and stuff like that of the simulated engine. You could compute the torque as the arithmetic middle of the two "virtual" torques. It would be only a fake but it should work.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby HHS » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 pm

Blender3D wrote:Is that possible in FG? It should be. If not, why shouldn't we just use 3 engines? One that actually is the simulated engine and two "virtual" engines that just control power and torque and stuff like that of the simulated engine. You could compute the torque as the arithmetic middle of the two "virtual" torques. It would be only a fake but it should work.

--Blender3D

The problem is: currently there is no real engine support. Noticable without any nasal, the Rotor is with pressing }-key immediatley running with the defined rpm without acclerating.

As I understood, the rotor-simulation can't yet handle the YASim engines. If they would we would have realistic engine simulation with realistic torque for helis.

It seems to be possible to change the code, but it is very time-consuming.
I would like to see the problem solved the right way, instead of a hack. You may ask Maik Justus on the devel-list, maybe he can help you better there.
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby Blender3D » Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey, guys

I have a little problem with the animation: I'd like to split the animations over multiple xml-files but keep the model in one single file. Is that possible and if yes, how?

I'm looking forward to hear from you!

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby simbabeat » Sat May 01, 2010 5:54 pm

You would have to link the one .xml file to the other .xml file
simbabeat

Postby Blender3D » Sat May 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes. I'd like to have one main .xml-file that loads the model and contains some animations (like materials) and then several other .xml-file that contain animations for switches, gears, rotors, doors and stuff like that. But I'd like to have only one .ac file.

--Blender3D
Blender3D

Postby HHS » Sat May 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Blender3D wrote:

Yes. I'd like to have one main .xml-file that loads the model and contains some animations (like materials) and then several other .xml-file that contain animations for switches, gears, rotors, doors and stuff like that. But I'd like to have only one .ac file.

--Blender3D

of course possible. You only have to split the -ac-model in several objects like rotorblade1, rotorblade2 etc.

But be aware of: many .xml's can have a serious impact on fps!
Up, up and away
HHS

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft