Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Lockheed 1049H Constellation (Beta Release)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Lockheed 1049H Constellation (Beta Release)

Postby Buckaroo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Tuxklok. OK, my first guess at a fix would be this:

Go into Lockheed1049h/Models/Instruments, find these files:

fuel_C.xml
fuel_L_inboard.xml
fuel_L_middle.xml
fuel_L_outboard.xml
fuel_R_inboard.xml
fuel_R_middle.xml
fuel_R_outboard.xml

In each file, find the line containing 'level-lb' and change to read 'level-lbs'. They're little files so it should be very easy.

If anyone can do this and confirm the results (I'm not a CVS user), I'll update and post the CVS version with this fix.
Callsign: Buckaro(o)
Author: Lockheed 1049H Constellation, Grumman Goose, MD-81, Edgley Optica, Velocity XL RG, YASim Guide
Buckaroo

Version: 2.10

Postby Tuxklok » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 pm

That's the fix Buck, a little search & replace and all is well. I grep'ed for any other occurrence of level-lb but didn't find anything, so this should be end of the fuel quirks hopefully.

cheers
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby bisutti » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 am

I don´t know what´s hapening but I have a strange problem with this aircraft, I cannot move the view up/down, I mean, I click the mouse to change the view (twice) and I only can move the view to the left/right, it is really strange and I don´t know why I have this problem, I used this aircraft some weeks ago and it worked fine :? this is really frustrating because I love this aircraft and I want to fly it but I can´t because I can´t move the view to turn on the engines and fly! :S
FlightGear Iberoamerican Comunity http://www.vivefg.org/
bisutti

Callsign: YV-256T
Version: 2

Postby JcHnd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:07 am

when i start the game with this plane it crashes.... :roll:
Live Your Life, The Way You Are!!! Image

My Liveries Site:
http://jchnd.blogspot.com/
JcHnd

Callsign: HR-JCL

Postby Buckaroo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 am

bisutti wrote:I don´t know what´s hapening but I have a strange problem with this aircraft, I cannot move the view up/down, I mean, I click the mouse to change the view (twice) and I only can move the view to the left/right, it is really strange and I don´t know why I have this problem, I used this aircraft some weeks ago and it worked fine :? this is really frustrating because I love this aircraft and I want to fly it but I can´t because I can´t move the view to turn on the engines and fly! :S

Howdy Bisutti, sorry about the problem. This sounds like an issue we were getting with a previous version back in June. I think the current version cleared up the problem. Is it possible you loaded or re-installed an earlier version? You might try downloading the latest version and re-installing.

Hope this helps, cheers!
Author: Lockheed 1049H Constellation, Grumman Goose, MD-81, Edgley Optica, Velocity XL RG, YASim Guide
Buckaroo

Version: 2.10

Postby bisutti » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:50 am

I downloaded the CVS version, as i said before it worked fine some weeks ago and now it doesn´t... I donpt know why.
bisutti

Postby Tuxklok » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 am

Try deleting the aircraft preferences file for the 1049h. On linux it is found at ~/.fgfs/aircraft-data/Lockheed1049h.xml, not sure about other systems.

cheers

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Postby bisutti » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 pm

I use windows XP.
bisutti

Postby durk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 am

Buckaroo wrote:The plane is totally under GPL. The plane's README file contains appropriate GPL and credit information. Regarding instruments, generally if it is present, it functions, and hopefully correctly. A few instruments have pre-determined values for appearances or to show the system is working (fuel pressure, volts & amps). One exception is the Zero Reader, which works as a glideslope indicator but doesn't quite do all that it should do just yet. Constellations have a /lot/ of instruments, so there are many that aren't yet present, like hydraulic pressure, oil tank levels, etc., generally where the simulation doesn't model those systems or I haven't had time to do it. I've tried to get the most important instruments up first.

Before I'd feel comfortable applying for submission to Flightgear's CVS, there are issues I still have to resolve, including finalizing texturing and setting up the MP-livery system. I'm taking a break from Connie just now (working on the Grumman Goose), but I'll get back to her, no worries.

Cheers all and thank you!

Hi,

I would just like to get back to this thread, and inquire how you would feel about including the current state of this aircraft into CVS? I'm asking for a number of reasons: a) This plane has become quite popular in the last months, as exemplified by it's heavy featuring in Multiplayer events, including FSWeekend; b) development appears to have stabilized, and c) we're about to get a new release out before the end of the year, and if it's included in CVS, I could nominate it for inclusion the base selection of aircraft.

Cheers,
Durk
durk

Callsign: PH-DRK
Version: git

Postby hovkid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:06 am

I just tried to fly this plane from KJFK to KBWI, however the engines keep on randomly shutting down, then randomly restarting!! :shock:

Hopefully I will be able to land it back safely at KJFK ...

EDIT: I've landed it safely back at KJFK, still not sure what the problem was....
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby Tuxklok » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm

durk wrote:
Buckaroo wrote:The plane is totally under GPL. The plane's README file contains appropriate GPL and credit information. Regarding instruments, generally if it is present, it functions, and hopefully correctly. A few instruments have pre-determined values for appearances or to show the system is working (fuel pressure, volts & amps). One exception is the Zero Reader, which works as a glideslope indicator but doesn't quite do all that it should do just yet. Constellations have a /lot/ of instruments, so there are many that aren't yet present, like hydraulic pressure, oil tank levels, etc., generally where the simulation doesn't model those systems or I haven't had time to do it. I've tried to get the most important instruments up first.

Before I'd feel comfortable applying for submission to Flightgear's CVS, there are issues I still have to resolve, including finalizing texturing and setting up the MP-livery system. I'm taking a break from Connie just now (working on the Grumman Goose), but I'll get back to her, no worries.

Cheers all and thank you!

Hi,

I would just like to get back to this thread, and inquire how you would feel about including the current state of this aircraft into CVS? I'm asking for a number of reasons: a) This plane has become quite popular in the last months, as exemplified by it's heavy featuring in Multiplayer events, including FSWeekend; b) development appears to have stabilized, and c) we're about to get a new release out before the end of the year, and if it's included in CVS, I could nominate it for inclusion the base selection of aircraft.

Cheers,
Durk

Only problem being the Connie doesn't actually work properly with CVS, throttle response wonky, rpms all over the place, over powered, etc. Not unique to the Connie though, most/all the jsb piston aircraft I've tried share similar problems.

Tuxklok

Postby Yakko » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Unfortunately we need someone who has access to a CVS version of FlightGear and who understands how the JSBSim engine stuff works to be able to properly fix it. I gave Farmboy some hints for adjusting the power which seemed to help with being overpowered, but it did not help with the thottle response and I'm not sure if the RPM control is related to the overpowering or if something else is going on.

Obviously the FlightGear team isn't going to want to include something that isn't working properly "out of the box" on their next release version. Personally I think it would be fantastic to see Buck's Connie as a default aircraft - whenever I show Flightgear to people either at home or at a Linux users meeting or some other gathering the Connie is one of the planes that always gets an "Oh wow" type response. I think the challenge would be to get the engine (and possibly propeller) XML files retuned to work properly with the current CVS (which I assume is pretty close to what will be the next release at least in terms of the JSBSim code) in time. Regrettably I don't have a spare machine powerful enough to actually RUN the release version of Flightgear (much less a CVS version), and waiting for the next release will be too late to fix the model for inclusion.
Flying (mostly) the Lockheed Constellation as YAKKO on MPServers :)
Yakko

Callsign: Yakko
Version: 2017.4

Postby hovkid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:28 pm

I had a problem, when cruising the engine would randomly cut out, then turn back on, then cut out, then back on etc.

I am using 1.9.1 on Windows, anyone know why this is?

Thanks
Hovkid
hovkid

Postby Quadunit404 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 pm

hovkid wrote:I had a problem, when cruising the engine would randomly cut out, then turn back on, then cut out, then back on etc.

I am using 1.9.1 on Windows, anyone know why this is?

Thanks
Hovkid

Check your fuel. Maybe it's running low.
Quadunit404

Postby hovkid » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Nope, it does it with any fuel setting/ level.
hovkid

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft