Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Lockheed 1049H Constellation (Beta Release)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Lockheed 1049H Constellation (Beta Release)

Postby Buckaroo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 pm

A new model representing the Lockheed Constellation 1049H series can be found here:

http://ltts.crlt.indiana.edu/grn/flightgear/

Lockheed1049Ha.jpg

Please note that this is far from a finished aircraft. There is much left to be done and many problems left to be resolved or re-worked, but it's my first Flightgear effort and I hope it is enjoyable in its current state. The model has been tested for FG 1.0 and 1.9, but may not work for bleeding-edge CVS users due to changes in the JSBsim FDM. I haven't had time to deal with that issue yet but I'll get around to it. If you download the model, please take a moment to view the README file included with the distribution, as it contains important and useful notes on the model.

I would also like to invite everyone interested in the Constellation to check out Yakko's guide to flying the 1049H model, also found on the same site noted above. He gave it a wonderful treatment.

Thank you and cheers to everyone who has helped or supported me on this project!
Callsign: Buckaro(o)
Author: Lockheed 1049H Constellation, Grumman Goose, MD-81, Edgley Optica, Velocity XL RG, YASim Guide
Buckaroo

Callsign: Buckaro(o)
Version: 2.10

Re: Lockheed 1049H Constellation (Beta Release)

Postby IceMan2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 pm

kool
IceMan2

Postby Gijs » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Looks like a promising cockpit and complete aircraft! Great documentation aswell!
I'll check this plane out as soon as I have my Windows back :cry:
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby grtux » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Great model, great cockpit.
That Aircraft is refreshing a lot of souvenirs , from my child life , when i went to Orly Airport to admire that wonderful bird.

Great idea to use the FDM of the 1049. by fhe "Unknown Author" ( in reality a very modest French man very aware with real AIrcraft, Aerodynamic etc... )

About the model, i could be wrong but it seems that the ambient color with the CVS FG is very dark.
About that ambient color, does the model wants an update ?

Cheers
g.robin
LFMO
grtux

Postby IceMan2 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

i love how you have to start the engines
IceMan2

Postby HHS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Indeeed it looks great! Unfortunately I'm a CVS-User, so the aircraft isn't working for me due to changes in nasal. :(
Would like to see a Lockheed 1049G Constellation as well! :D
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby bisutti » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:45 pm

I use OSG and it works... The plane is awesome, really nice to see a beautifull aircraft like that in FG.
FlightGear Iberoamerican Comunity http://www.vivefg.org/
bisutti

Callsign: YV-256T
Version: 2

Postby HHS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 pm

bisutti wrote:I use OSG and it works... The plane is awesome, really nice to see a beautifull aircraft like that in FG.

Lol- 1.9.1 is already OSG!

But CVS-user (After-1.9.1-Release) will have problems to fly- which he said on his page! (Unfortunately it is a error in nasal, which I can't fix myself yet)
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby bisutti » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 pm

HHS wrote:
bisutti wrote:I use OSG and it works... The plane is awesome, really nice to see a beautifull aircraft like that in FG.

Lol- 1.9.1 is already OSG!

But CVS-user (After-1.9.1-Release) will have problems to fly- which he said on his page! (Unfortunately it is a error in nasal, which I can't fix myself yet)

Oh I understand... You should create a second FG folder, for example one for 1.9.1 without CVS and the other one for CVS.. I did it once :)
FlightGear Iberoamerican Comunity http://www.vivefg.org/
bisutti

Callsign: YV-256T
Version: 2

Postby fatty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 am

This aircraft looks very nice, and I appreciate your work on it, but, and I'm sorry if I'm incorrect, I think there's a Super Connie already in CVS. Or maybe you're the maintainer of that and I'm just saying stupid stuff. I'm not saying that even if you were unaware of it that you should stop development of your model, I just mention it because you might already have a lot of your work done for you.
fatty

Postby HHS » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:47 am

fatty wrote:This aircraft looks very nice, and I appreciate your work on it, but, and I'm sorry if I'm incorrect, I think there's a Super Connie already in CVS. Or maybe you're the maintainer of that and I'm just saying stupid stuff. I'm not saying that even if you were unaware of it that you should stop development of your model, I just mention it because you might already have a lot of your work done for you.

yep- there is a super conny already- but this new one here is the 1049 H- that's a difference.
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby grtux » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:51 pm

fatty wrote:This aircraft looks very nice, and I appreciate your work on it, but, and I'm sorry if I'm incorrect, I think there's a Super Connie already in CVS. Or maybe you're the maintainer of that and I'm just saying stupid stuff. I'm not saying that even if you were unaware of it that you should stop development of your model, I just mention it because you might already have a lot of your work done for you.

Since, there is others example of duplicates or similar models, since, there is several opinions regarding that problem ( depending on the devel-team person, or may be, coming of a progress of FG policy ) , we won't now, worry this fact.

Like say HHS , it is not exactly the same model ( it is a variant ) , which could have been in the same directory, like there was in the past with others models, if the author had been the same.

Cheers
g.robin
LFMO
grtux

Postby Andreas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm

The "old" Super Constellation already was a great FlightGear model, and now it's gotten the cockpit it deserves!
The new livery surely is beautiful, but the main attraction is on the inside:

For those who haven't seen it yet, behold:
Doesn't it make you wanna take a seat?
To an optimist, the glass is half full.
To a pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Andreas

Callsign: D-AZ
Version: 3.4.1

Postby MyName » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:20 am

Andreas wrote:Image
Doesn't it make you wanna take a seat?

Where's the rear view mirror? 8) :lol:
MyName

Postby YourDailyTsunami » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Wow! When does this come to CVS? :D
all the booze is free, airline goin' broke, here come the ladies with another jack'n'coke... :P
YourDailyTsunami

Callsign: Tsunami

Next

Return to Aircraft