Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

PZL Koliber Family Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

PZL Koliber Family Development

Postby SP-NTX » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:32 pm

Introduction:

Some weeks ago, around 15 September, we found some old PZL Koliber with Yasim on the internet.
We decided to develop it. First of all, to make sure we can, we asked the original author for permission. He let us use his model, so at first,
we want to thank a lot original author - SP-MMA (marimigu on Github). He is not in FG anymore, but we hope he will see our work someday.

About the real aircraft

The PZL-Koliber 160A is the last production version of the Polish PZL-110 Koliber series
developed on the basis of the SOCATA Rallye 100 ST license purchased by PZL in 1976 and produced since 1979.
The PZL-Koliber 160A aircraft is a four-seat low-wing aircraft with a take-off weight of up to 950 kg, equipped with a 160 hp (120 kW) Lycoming O-320-D2A engine.
It was produced in the years 1997-2004 at PZL Okecie in the number of 12 pieces, mainly exported to the USA.

How we started development?

Can't say it was easy, but yeah, it was a lot of fun while doing it. First, we did Aeromatic JSBSim. It was terrible, so 3 days later, we did a new one.
The new one was not so bad, so we started tuning it. We didn't have enough data to tune it, so @TheFGFSEagle did OpenVSP model for it.
Well, we are still doing OpenVSP models, and I can clearly say it's a lot of teamwork and PC turned on overnight
We did some fixes to the model, added compositor light, did some cleanup, well, still a lot to do, you know. Now our main goal is to have a nice FDM

Is it flyable?

Uhh... It's a hard question. You can fly it well, but there is a lot to do.

Any unique features?

Realistic light bulb simulation, 'only' that, but we are planning something big.

Developers:

Original authors:

Mariusz Migut SP-MMA - 3D, Sounds
    Patrice Poly (WooT) - Old Yasim FDM

Last edited by SP-NTX on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Freedom can be frightening if you've never felt it
SP-NTX

Callsign: SP-NTX
Version: 2020.4.0

Re: PZL Koliber Family Development

Postby TheEagle » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:35 pm

Well, this is one of the nicest starts for a development thread I've seen so far - good work ! :)
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Aircraft