Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Help for my F-8E !

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Help for my F-8E !

Postby S-KIMO » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:15 pm

Hello,
I am French and I discovered the functional F-8E (FN) on the site!
I have two files from old versions where the model was not working ... it is impossible to roll it!

The author of this beautiful plane, which is a myth in Naval Aeronautics, Gérard Robin has died ...
On the current version, flaws still exist but the plane rolls, can be catapulted and can fly quite well for me!
I was inspired by his file to resume it in my own way ... I use Blender 3D to redraw the plane using Boolean "modifiers" because the original is not optimized and professionally I was a designer industrial ... In fact, the airplane is a multitude of small pieces created with software from the 2000s that did not have the extraordinary power of Blender 3D!
When I decrypt the .xml files, I find that they too are not optimized ...

I go here to get some explanations:

1 / In which file and what to modify in the script so that the aircraft of the old versions can run?

2 / By putting my model in place of an existing model like the F-105 D it appears in Flightgear ... it is therefore correctly developed! I then undertake to modify the files of the original folder step by step by making them French so as not to get lost in all these abbreviated original names!
Strangely, when my airplane.xml file, written with Notepad ++, has at least one error, Flightgear displays the scene of the chosen aerodrome but the airplane does not appear ...
How do I get the plane to be displayed on the runway?

3 / After doing a minimum of checks and correcting some errors in the avion.xml file using Firefox Mozilla, then Flighgear crashes and nothing happens, there is no message that appears because the console does not work. do not display ...
What is the fault that would explain this crash?

Thank you for your help.
oOo
Bonjour,
Je suis français et j'ai découvert le F-8E (FN) fonctionnel sur le site !
J'ai deux dossiers d'anciennes versions où le modèle ne fonctionnait pas...il est impossible de le faire rouler !

L'auteur de ce bel avion, qui est un mythe dans l'Aéronautique Navale, Gérard Robin est décédé...
Sur la version actuelle, des défauts existent toujours mais l'avion roule, peut être catapulté et peut voler assez bien pour moi !
Je me suis inspiré de son dossier pour le reprendre à ma manière...J'utilise Blender 3D pour redessiner l'avion à l'aide des « modifiers » booléens car l'original n'est pas optimisé et professionnellement j'étais dessinateur industriel...En fait, l'avion est une multitude de petits morceaux crées avec un logiciel des années 2000 qui n'avait pas la puissance extraordinaire de Blender 3D !
Quand je décrypte les fichiers .xml, je trouve que eux aussi ne sont pas optimisés...

Je m'adresse ici pour obtenir quelques explications :

1/ Dans quel fichier et que modifier du script pour que l'avion des anciennes versions roule ?

2/ En mettant mon modèle à la place d'un modèle existant comme le F-105 D il apparaît dans Flightgear...il est donc correctement élaboré ! J'entreprends alors de modifier pas à pas les fichiers du dossier d'origine en les francisant pour ne pas me perdre dans toutes ces dénominations abrégées d'origine !
Bizarrement quand mon fichier avion.xml, écrit avec Notepad++, a au moins une erreur, Flightgear affiche la scène de l'aérodrome choisi mais l'avion n'y apparaît pas...
Comment faire pour que l'avion soit affiché sur la piste ?

3/ Après avoir fait un minimum de contrôles et corrigé quelques erreurs du fichier avion.xml à l'aide de Firefox Mozilla, alors Flighgear plante et rien ne se passe, il n'y a pas de message qui apparaît car la console ne s'affiche pas...
Quel est le défaut qui expliquerait ce plantage ?

Merci de votre aide.
S-KIMO

Re: Help for my F-8E !

Postby abassign » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 pm

It seems to me a beautiful thing to revive an airplane especially if the author is no longer with us. Together with another friend we developed the G91R1B and we did it in Blender for the fuselage and with a 3d CAD (Freecad) for gauges.
Personally I think it's better to model the plane completely with CAD as it's easier to do the next changes.

Being the format that uses FGFS very poor (. ac) I am certain that Blender can not work miracles. The only miracles we had when we realized that to make a beautiful plane it is necessary to have many knots, we for the G are at more than 4,000,000 polygons, without a worsening.
Developer of the program https://wiki.flightgear.org/Julia_photoscenery_generator
FDM developer of the G91R1B aircraft https://wiki.flightgear.org/FIAT_G91R1B
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2020.4

Postby franck » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:21 am

Bonjour pour aider je voie que tu changes de l'anglais à français si j'ai bien compris, donc attention ! si dans blender est marqué Wheel et dans les .XML et marquer roue ça ne marchera pas ou inversement, si dans les deux cas ces marquer pareil faut regarder dans les nasal, le mieux ces que tu gardes l’écrit ce qui est actuellement et si tu veux rajouter des objets la tu peux te permettre de le nommer comme tu veux le principal ces qui soit marquée dans le XML ainsi que dans Blender pareil, sinon quand tu lances le simulateur le .XML demande au point AC ouvrir roue et que ces marquer Wheel tu ne verras pas la ou les roues

bon courage

Hello to help I see that you change from English to French if I understood correctly, so be careful! if in blender is marked Wheel and in .XML and mark wheel it will not work or vice versa, if in both cases these mark the same you have to look in the nasal, the better you keep writing what is currently and if you want to add objects there you can afford to name it as you want the main one these which is marked in the XML as well as in Blender the same, otherwise when you launch the simulator the .XML asks at the point AC to open wheel and that these mark Wheel you won't see the wheel (s)

good luck
Last edited by franck on Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
franck

Callsign: franck.vmd

Postby S-KIMO » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:53 pm

franck wrote in Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:21 am:Bonjour pour aider je voie que tu changes de l'anglais à français si j'ai bien compris, donc attention ! si dans blender est marqué Wheel et dans les .XML et marquer roue ça ne marchera pas ou inversement, si dans les deux cas ces marquer pareil faut regarder dans les nasal, le mieux ces que tu gardes l’écrit ce qui est actuellement et si tu veux rajouter des objets la tu peux te permettre de le nommer comme tu veux le principal ces qui soit marquée dans le XML ainsi que dans Blender pareil, sinon quand tu lances le simulateur le .XML demande au point AC ouvrir roue et que ces marquer Wheel tu ne verras pas la ou les roues

bon courage

Salut Franck,
A priori tu devrais être mon interlocuteur...J'ai été sur ton site et j'ai vu la dernière vidéo où tu ajoutes des options sur le 777...Pour la petite histoire, je suis sur FG depuis 2013 autant que je me souvienne et pas à pas j'ai avancé sur le site français dans la connaissance du 777 SEATTLE qui à l'époque de sa sortie était le gros porteur le plus développé...J'ai fait des sessions pour ses développeurs pour les aider à débugger ! Il faut dire qu'à cette époque FG n'était pas trop au top et qu'il a fallu investir dans un ordi puissant vu que le programme est 3 fois plus important aujourd'hui. J'avais fait un topo en PDF pour décrire un vol complet...et j'ai laissé tomber vu l'ambiance pénible entretenu par le webmaster qui ne jurait que par Linux, bref n'étaient abordés que des problèmes de logiciel machine !
Donc je sais faire avec Blender 3D, je sais un peu de XML, j'ai dessiné un paquet de zincs par plaisir car je suis dessinateur industriel par mes études et je m'intéresse à l'armement, à l'aéronavale de par mes deux carrières professionnelles et à l'aviation en général.
J'ai commencé à modifier des dossiers type en incluant mon modèle et jusqu'à maintenant sans aller jusqu'aux instruments je sais les faire voler : j'ai pris le F105 comme premier dossier, le F86, le F80 aussi...Puis j'ai voulu faire le Do335 en exploitant un dossier du B25...bref c'est un pb de transcrire un dossier en français il faut être cohérent et rechercher partout où la substitution doit être faite. J'ai exploité Yasim en dessin pour décrire mon modèle sans noter de gros changements entre les critères de l'avion d'origine et mes modèles. J'ai peu modifié JSBSim, l'original convenant bien dans un premier temps : des avions identiques et contemporains volent de façon identique si on ne veut pas pinailler !
J'ai mis des points d'intérêt dans mon message. En fait, ce Crusader est un avion qui a fait polémique car à la mort de l'auteur des héritiers ont jugé qu'ils avaient des droits sur l'oeuvre de Gerard Robin. Chacun son truc !
Il y avait donc des modèles qu'on pouvait charger sur le net qui n'étaient pas à dispo dans le hangar de FG...J'avais 2 versions sauvegardées et je voulais à une époque corriger les dossiers car l'avion ne roulait pas, il y avait des erreurs sur les mouvement des surfaces de vol, bref il m'intéressait de faire fonctionner le modèle...J'ai commencé à reprendre le dessin qui a été fait avec un logiciel 3D "préhistorique", c'est plein de triangles inutiles et Gérard Robin a du s'user à ce dessin car c'est une succession de petits morceaux...Blender possède les modifiers booléens et on fait des avions très épurés avec seulement des meshes cylindriques, enfin c'est ma méthode et j'ai pratiqué CATIA de Dassault dans mon boulot ! Dans le temps, ses successeurs ont été autorises a mettre le Crusader français au hangar FG et il roule et le catapultage fonctionne...
Donc ma premiere question est : "Sur quoi agir pour que l'avion roule au seuil de piste ? " sur ces dossiers ...Mettre les gaz et lâcher les freins...Rien !
Est-ce que tu vois le pb et sa solution ?
A plus pour la seconde question.

Hi Franck,
A priori you should be my contact ... I was on your site and I saw the last video where you add options on the 777 ... For the record, I have been on FG since 2013 as much as I have remember and step by step I advanced on the French site in the knowledge of the 777 SEATTLE which at the time of its release was the most developed jumbo jet ... I did sessions for its developers to help them to debug! It must be said that at that time FG was not too at the top and that it was necessary to invest in a powerful computer since the program is 3 times larger today. I had made a topo in PDF to describe a complete flight ... and I gave up seeing the painful atmosphere maintained by the webmaster who swore only by Linux, in short, only machine software problems were discussed!
So I know how to do with Blender 3D, I know a little XML, I drew a package of zincs for pleasure because I am an industrial designer by my studies and I am interested in armaments, in naval aviation by my two professional careers and aviation in general.
I started to modify standard files including my model and until now without going to the instruments I know how to fly them: I took the F105 as the first file, the F86, the F80 too ... Then I wanted to do the Do335 by using a file from the B25 ... in short, it's a pb to transcribe a file in French you have to be consistent and look everywhere where the substitution must be made. I used Yasim in drawing to describe my model without noticing big changes between the criteria of the original plane and my models. I modified JSBSim a little, the original being fine at first: identical and contemporary planes fly identically if you don't want to nitpick!
I put points of interest in my message. In fact, this Crusader is a plane which caused controversy because at the death of the author of the heirs judged that they had rights on the work of Gerard Robin. Each his own !
There were therefore models that could be loaded on the net which were not available in the hangar of FG ... I had 2 saved versions and I wanted at one time to correct the files because the plane was not rolling not, there were errors on the movements of the flight surfaces, in short I was interested in making the model work ... I started to resume the drawing which was made with a "prehistoric" 3D software, that is, is full of unnecessary triangles and Gérard Robin must have worn out in this drawing because it is a succession of small pieces ... Blender has Boolean modifiers and we make very refined planes with only cylindrical meshes, well it's my method and I practiced CATIA by Dassault in my job! In time, his successors were authorized to put the French Crusader in the FG hangar and it rolls and the catapult works ...
So my first question is: "What to act on to make the plane taxi to the runway threshold?" On these files ... Put on the throttle and release the brakes ... Nothing!
Do you see the pb and its solution?
See you on the second question.
Last edited by S-KIMO on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
S-KIMO

Postby Gijs » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Hi guys,

For the sake of enabling everyone in our international community to read along, I'd like to bring rule number 4 of our forum rules under your attention. It's okay to put a French translation in your post, as long as you also include an English version. Just like S-KIMO did in his opening post ;-)

Could you both please edit your latest posts accordingly?

Thanks!

Gijs (moderator)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby S-KIMO » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:23 am

YES !
S-KIMO

Return to Aircraft