Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Aircraft Inquiries

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Aircraft Inquiries

Postby Husky Dynamics » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if these aircraft have been developed by anyone, and if so where to get them? I haven't seen them in FGAddon or any of the available third-party sites.

Antonov An-140
    Basler BT-67 (turboprop DC-3 conversion)
    Convair CV240/340/440/580/5800
    CubCrafters Carbon Cub SS
    de Havilland DHC-5
    de Havilland DHC-7
    Douglas Cloudster II (I highly doubt anyone has made this but it was a very interesting aircraft and could be cool)
    Douglas DC-4/C-54 (yes, I know that the DC-6 exists but still)
    Douglas DC-5
    Grumman S-2 Tracker/Conair Firecat
    Lockheed C-130J Super Hercules (there was one several years ago by TheTom but it was still very much in development and I believe the project stalled)
    Noorduyn Norseman
    Viking Air DHC-2T Turbo Beaver
    Viking Air DHC-3T Turbo Otter
    Vultee BT-13 Valiant
    Some form of a Cub with a turboprop (?)

By the way, I would have added the C-46 to this list but I discovered that SkyBikeFG has a great one on GitHub (found at https://github.com/skybikefg/c46) that I'll probably make a few liveries for in the future.

Thanks!
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Re: Aircraft Inquiries

Postby Martien van der P. » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Flightgear Canada is working on a DHC-5, DHC-7 and Noorduyn Norseman: http://flightgearcanada.altervista.org/ ... index.html but are all in development I believe.

And I was working on a DC-4 (DC-6 conversion) quite a while ago but I abandoned cause I'm working on other projects. Feel free to take over if you want: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30947&start=15#p298288

Legoboyvdlp was working on a Basler conversion but the project stalled. There were some problems to solve, I've had a look at it but couldn't figure it out back then: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/Basler-BT67

And MountainFlyerN22 was working on some turboprop conversions including a J3 Cub: viewtopic.php?t=26035&p=239341#p239341

And of course we already have the DHC-2 and 3 with radial engines, it wouldn't be to hard to convert those

Greets,

Martien
Martien van der P.

Callsign: MV-DP
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:52 pm

I didn't exactly know what I was doing with that BT-67; it probably would be best to start again tbh.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby owenpsmith » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:34 am

I took over the flightGear Canada website a few years ago and redeveloped it as a project for a web development course I was taking.

The DHC-5 project was started by the previous maintainer. I think he gave me his work but he didn’t get to far into it and it was his first model so I’d start from scratch. I’ll take a look and see what I have.

As far as I know the Norseman is not being developed by anyone.

Both are on my list but I currently have enough trouble to keep up work on the Bristol Freighter and Canadair Tutor. I also have the Bellanca Aircruiser and Avro Jetliner on my list before the Norseman or Buffalo, so they’re up for grabs. I have some material for both for anyone interested.

Owen.
Aircraft: Bristol Freighter Mk.31, Canadair CL-41 Tutor

Learn from the mistakes of others, only in FlightGear will you live long enough to make them all yourself.
owenpsmith

Version: 2020.3.11

Postby tdammers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:01 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:52 pm:I didn't exactly know what I was doing with that BT-67; it probably would be best to start again tbh.

That would be one super cool project... now if only you and octal and everyone else weren't so busy with other cool projects...
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby merspieler » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:58 pm

tdammers wrote in Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:01 pm: now if only you and octal and everyone else weren't so busy with other cool projects...

You could say that for almost any thing... which hasn't become a cool project yet.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby tdammers » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm

Maybe, but the BT-67 is a special kind of awesome. Based on the legendary DC-3, and part of the Antarctic fleet - that's a tad bit more epic that the average aircraft. Then again, if I ever get around to it, an LC130 with RATO thrusters would be way cool too.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Return to Aircraft