Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Beechcraft B58 Baron Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Beechcraft B58 Baron Development

Postby awall86 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm

My apologies for the delay in development. I continue working on the project. Unfortunately a series of family problems, which occurred in the last few months, have delayed me. I am working to make sure that none of the images used in the model violate the publication under the GNU-GPL license. As soon as this task is finished I will open the repository to publish the project.

I will try to post it as soon as possible.

@V12 flight model is JSBsim

Best Regards
awall86

Version: 2020.3.1

Postby F5SLQ » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 am

Hi awall86,
Happy to read you and to have news avout this project.
Hope everything will be OK for your family and don't worry, we're able to wait to try the "Baron"
Kind regards.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti - 8GB / i9-12900 KF CPU @ 5.0 GHz / RAM : 32 Go à 3,2GHz - Joystick Logitech Extreme 3D PRO
Multi player callsign : F-JEEP
F5SLQ

Callsign: F-JEEP
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Anna Tiffany » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:54 am

Can’t wait to fly it.How to download the dev version since it’s not available on GitHub
Anna Tiffany

Callsign: CAL1454
Version: 2020.3.13

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm

@anna tiffany

it appears that there is not linked anywhere an open dev repository... but if you go back higher in this topic, you'll find a link to awall86's web site... on that site, the link to their products will take you to a page with the B58 listed... on the B58's page is a link where you can download the version of the craft that is currently available...

aside to awall86: it would be nice if you could run the hanger prep script on your available craft so your site could be added as a hanger in the FG launcher... this would make it easier for people to find and download your craft as well as notifying them when an update for the craft is available... this is the same script that FGAddon uses as well as several other hangers that can also be added to the launcher... just a suggestion...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby F5SLQ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:04 am

Tnx wkitty42 ,
Do you think that the page linked for the download is usable on FG? It seems to be an X/Plane version...
Kind regards.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti - 8GB / i9-12900 KF CPU @ 5.0 GHz / RAM : 32 Go à 3,2GHz - Joystick Logitech Extreme 3D PRO
Multi player callsign : F-JEEP
F5SLQ

Callsign: F-JEEP
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:48 am

i have no idea... i only tried the link to see where it went and what options were there... sorry...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby awall86 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:32 pm

After a few months of work, we have Git repo for the Baron. You can download it for testing at:

https://github.com/awall086/b58baron.git

Please keep in mind that this is a VERY VERY Alpha version. There is a lot of bugs, and many systems are not implemented at this moment. There is a lot of work to do.

Another important thing. I'm not real pilot and I never see or flight this aircraft in real life. I haven contact with real flight environment. Even so, I have tried to make this project as real as possible. Feedback and collaboration will be appreciate. Unfortunately I have little time to deal with aircraft development. I would like to do more, but it is not possible for me.

Enjoy
awall86

Postby merspieler » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:30 am

Looks great, even for an alpha version.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby Octal450 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:38 am

Hi sir,
I found a one mistake I think you should fix, easy fix though:

b58baron.nas, line 73, change engine[0] to engine[1]. Then both engines can start automatically.

Nice start. Looking forward to see how it continues.

I hope the FDM will receive some detailing soon :)

Welcome to FG project :)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby wlbragg » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:22 pm

I also noticed that but didn't look for the solution, nice catch and nicer to provide the solution.

I also noticed some transparency or normal issues. The two things I thought I saw were...

Looking through the prop blur at only the front section of the fuselage, it turned the skin of the fuselage transparent.

I thought I saw looking through a window do something similar, put it may have been that prop blur issue.

I did import the .ac into Blender and took a look, I didn't see anything with the normals or mesh one/two sided definitions that was noticeably wrong.

Really nice start though!
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby awall86 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Octal450 wrote in Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:38 am:Hi sir,
I found a one mistake I think you should fix, easy fix though:

b58baron.nas, line 73, change engine[0] to engine[1]. Then both engines can start automatically.

Nice start. Looking forward to see how it continues.

I hope the FDM will receive some detailing soon :)

Welcome to FG project :)

Kind Regards,
Josh

Thank you very much for the information, Josh. I already updated the file b58baron.nas with the correct engine setting. I have also added the turning on of the exterior lights and the engine generators.

Best regards
awall86

Postby awall86 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:17 pm

wlbragg wrote in Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:22 pm:I also noticed that but didn't look for the solution, nice catch and nicer to provide the solution.

I also noticed some transparency or normal issues. The two things I thought I saw were...

Looking through the prop blur at only the front section of the fuselage, it turned the skin of the fuselage transparent.

I thought I saw looking through a window do something similar, put it may have been that prop blur issue.

I did import the .ac into Blender and took a look, I didn't see anything with the normals or mesh one/two sided definitions that was noticeably wrong.

Really nice start though!

Thank you very much wlbragg. I will try to reproduce the issue. Can you tell me your rendering options? I have a very old laptop (ten years old) to run Flightgear, and I can't test usually the model with full quality rendering options activated.

I have in mind that I am in debt with you. I'm working on it. Slowly but I still working ... :)

Best regards
awall86

Postby wlbragg » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:13 pm

Ah, but this is most certainly on your time and at your pace. :wink:

Yes, I would be at the highest settings available. I will try to look at the effects you assigned to the objects and see if I notice any issues. It could simply be one of the inherited effects or no inherited effects at all I suppose.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby TheEagle » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:06 am

Hmm, I have the same problem with my prop blur, but the interesting thing is that it's only happening with a self-built binary from git next source code (and the corresponding FGDATA) - not with a nightly AppImage from the summer of this year. It's happening no matter what effect I assign to the prop blur, and it doesn't matter either if I use ALS or low definition renderer, and I did not observe this on other aircraft.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:01 pm

TheEagle wrote in Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:06 am:the interesting thing is that it's only happening with a self-built binary from git next source code (and the corresponding FGDATA) - not with a nightly AppImage from the summer of this year.

perhaps you should get the latest appimage and try your craft in it? there may be a bug that has crept in since you got the appimage you currently have... be sure, also to have an up-to-date FGData for the newer appimage... i would keep them separate from each other, as well... it makes tracking down the differences a little easier at the cost of drive space...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft