Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Cockpit POV

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Cockpit POV

Postby camileck » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:24 pm

What I have noticed since the very 1st day of using Flightgear is that GA aircraft POV is different a lot from this that may be seen when watching P3D/XP11/FSX gameplays. The main difference is the height of the camera (and what it implies - height of the poliot's eyes) - On every P3D/XP11/FSX gameplay you can see engine cowling what makes the POV broader - you can observe a wider perspective what is especially useful when one wants to see what is under the aircraft in not so far distance. On the other hand, in FG, the camera is situated a lot lower, what makes the POV narrower. As I do not have any experience in real life general aviation I would like to ask which POV is closer to reality?
Last edited by camileck on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camileck

Re: Cockpit POV

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Having flown a few hours in Cessnas/Robins, you normally never see the cowling from the cockpit
D-ECHO

Re: Cockpit POV

Postby I-PIC68 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:20 pm

If you press CTRL and the right mouse button you can move the camera left/right and up/down.
And if you press CTRL, middle and right button you can move forward/backward.
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER, Airbus A320 A330
Airport: LIPQ, LGTS
I-PIC68

Callsign: I-PIC68
Version: 2020.1.3

Return to Aircraft