Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

problem wih exporting from AC3D

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

problem wih exporting from AC3D

Postby akshaysharma015 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:39 am

Hey Guy,
I'm trying to convert a .stl format of aircraft model into .ac so as to use it with the flightgear simulation. So i am using two approaches for this.
Approach 1: I imported the .stl format file in blender and then added the script to add the import export to AC3D (.ac) file format possible. But the concern with this approach is that i am not able to add the script. Even after the successful installation of the script the import export option does not show in the user>preferences.
Approach 2: since the above method did not work i tried another way . That i started with blender and convert the .stl file to .blend and importing .blend file in AC3D to .ac but here the problem is that when i export the file . The file is exported and have a size of around 55 MB but when i open the .ac file in AC3D then it doe not show anything in the software. There is nothing in the front, left, Top and 3D view.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
akshaysharma015

Re: problem wih exporting from AC3D

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 am

Good day,

which version of blender are you using and from where did you get the AC3D import/export script? It should normally show up.

Regards
D-ECHO

Postby akshaysharma015 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 am

Hi
I am using blender 2.83. It doesn't seems to have the import export feature by default. I found the import export script on this forum to add this feature in blender. given below is the link for the script.
https://github.com/majic79/Blender-AC3D
akshaysharma015

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:18 am

That version was made for the earlier blender versions 2.6.X and 2.7.X. When using >2.80, please try https://github.com/NikolaiVChr/Blender-AC3D/tree/2.80
Also, make sure to read the README.md at https://github.com/NikolaiVChr/Blender- ... /README.md for information on how to install the plugin.
D-ECHO

Postby akshaysharma015 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:19 am

I tried to do that but still doesn't seem to work. Although i figured out another way to export AC3D files by making use of both the software that is blenders and AC3D. I imported the file in blender in .stl format then exported it as .obj and then using AC3D i imported the .obj file and saved it in AC3D as the .ac format.

Thanks a lot!
akshaysharma015

Return to Aircraft