Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Second ADF

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Second ADF

Postby stakanov » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:51 pm

How to create second ADF?

I can use <property>/instrumentation/adf/indicated-bearing-deg</property> for first ADF. Where I can get value for second ADF?

Thanks
stakanov

Postby ajm » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:57 pm

You can specify your aircraft's instrumentation in an "instrumentation.xml" file, included from the -set file.

In there, you can add extra instruments; for example, from Lightning/Systems/lightning-instrumentation.xml

<attitude-indicator>
<name>attitude-indicator</name>
<number>0</number>
<suction>/systems/vacuum/suction-inhg</suction>
</attitude-indicator>
<attitude-indicator>
<name>attitude-indicator</name>
<number>1</number>
<suction>/systems/vacuum/suction-inhg</suction>
</attitude-indicator>

As you can see there are two AI's specified there (though I still haven't got round to modelling the differences between them!)

Cheers,

AJ
ajm

Postby stakanov » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:54 pm

Ok. Thank You.

I can define two properties for ADF1 and ADF2 which contain values of frequencies. And I can define two properties for ADF1 and ADF2 which contain values of direction. But where I should calculate a direction?
stakanov

Postby stakanov » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 pm

I uderstand! I must to read it - http://www.plausible.org/nasal/flightgear.html :oops:
stakanov

Postby ajm » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm

stakanov wrote:I uderstand! I must to read it - http://www.plausible.org/nasal/flightgear.html :oops:

If you want to write nasal scripts certainly that would be worth reading. If I understand you correctly though, you simply want another ADF instrument; all you have to do is add one in an instrumentation XML file (with the <number>1</number>)

Then you'll discover that in the property browser within flightgear you will find another set of ADF properties in /instrumentation/adf1 or similar.

The only snag I can imagine is that might need to supply the second ADF with electricity. If so, that can be done with an entry in either a nasal electrical system, or an electrical.xml such as Spitfire/Systems/electrical.xml

Does this help?

Cheers,

AJ
ajm

Postby stakanov » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 pm

ajm wrote:
stakanov wrote:I uderstand! I must to read it - http://www.plausible.org/nasal/flightgear.html :oops:

Does this help?

Cheers,

AJ

Yes. Thank You. I must to try. :D
stakanov

Return to Aircraft