Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Modifying Rascal to create my own aircraft

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Modifying Rascal to create my own aircraft

Postby MosesKhan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello everyone,,
I am trying to create my own aircraft by modifying the files in the Rascal folder. I have the 3d model of my aircraft in 3ds format and the engine and propeller xml files created on aeromatic web site. Here is what I have found so far:

1) When I replace the .ac file (rascal's model file) with my own model file (.3ds file), I can see the plane and it flies just like Rascal.
2) After step 1, if I replace the Rascal's engine file (the xml file) with my own engine file (again xml file), when I launch FlightGear, I can see the plane. But when I start the engine by pressing 'S' key, I see lots of smoke. I assume the engine is started at this point but I am not sure. But the plane does not move.
3) If I replace the Rascal's propeller xml file with mine, same result happens as in step 2.
reverse image search email checker port checker
Bottomline is; the plane does not fly after steps 2 and 3. Where can I start investigating this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,.
MosesKhan

Return to Aircraft