Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Adding bits...

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Adding bits...

Postby unrealaviation » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Tecnam P2010
I have added the missing under fin (skeg?). This was not a part of the prototype and this is probably what Barenger originally modelled.
I was hoping to do this as a separate part but couldn't get it to display so new model it is.
I have also removed all animation and reference to the fourth door as the 2010 doesn't have four doors!
These modifications are to the Mr Zak version as the aircraft is rubbish without his contributions, not least the opaque rear 'window' and the lovely skin and rain effects.

The fin is just 'eyeballed' as I don't have any drawings or measurements etc. A test flight seems to suggest it is a teeny bit too long. If so, I will edit it now that I can confirm that my second attempt at using Blender hasn't messed up the model!

I am a happy bunny.

[Later...]

The fin is sorted now. Looks great.

Er, dunno how to show you pictures. :-/

Kev
unrealaviation

Re: Adding bits...

Postby Johan G » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:28 pm

unrealaviation wrote in Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:58 pm:Er, dunno how to show you pictures. :-/

This post might help: FAQ: Screenshots. :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby unrealaviation » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Ah, thanks.
I have fixed a few now so I will sort out some screenshots.
unrealaviation

Postby unrealaviation » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Fouga Magister Before

Fouga Magister After. No changes to the model so you can comment it out if you prefer Structural Integrity Fields over metal and rubber...

C22J Before

C22J After. Not scale but better than air...

Tecnam P2006T Before

Tecnam P2006T After. Not scale but better than magic...

This next one is not a fix as such because the prototype Tecnam P2010 did not have this fin but all of 'em do now.

I have also removed all reference to and animation of the fourth door on the left side as the 2010 only has three doors.

All the above aircraft have been upgraded to MrZak's spec using his lovely skin and rain effects etc.

They look fab on MY system and Flightgear 2018.3.1

Kev
unrealaviation

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:39 pm

For what it's worth it would look even more fab if you wouldn't use Rembrandt ;)

Anyway, nice work and thanks for doing this, I'd suggest to send these changes to helijah and thus to fgaddon via him.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: next

Postby unrealaviation » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Yeah, the glass on the c22j does look poor under rembrandt and this particular aircraft does look better under ALS.
Those dynamic shadows are SO immersive. :-)
unrealaviation

Return to Aircraft