Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

B-52H Build Thread

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: B-52H Build Thread

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:41 pm

What :?: Who said that? Sorry, i was never involved in a project to work with you, but all work that i can see from you in this forum are realy nice models.
How you came to the result that your work isnt appreciated? Is it because you dont receive any feedback?
If i think about feedback, i have dropped the Citation II 2 years ago. Everytime i look into FGMP i see no one flying the Citation.
On the other side i dont know how many people download and fly it offline. No feedback doesnt mean that nobody like it.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.3.0

Postby cobe571 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm

I gave all my efforts, and much more than this, to continue the development of my planes by myself alone, even when I was not able, cause I'm not a real coder, just a 3D modeller. To receive some feedback, means also interest from the community. If I work for hours, days and nights on that 3D models, and I see nothing more than silence, and ignoring my projects, I understand I'm wasting my time only. That doesn't motivate me, that's sure. I already deleted my B-52 GIT repo and I don't agree, neither I give permission to use my work on other projects. Sorry, but I don't feel to be part of this community anymore at the moment. Maybe in the future I'll come back. But not now.

Best regards everyone

~ P.
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."
cobe571

Callsign: cobe571
IRC name: cobe571
Version: 2019.1.2

Postby CaptB » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm

cobe571 wrote in Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:16 pm:My work and my efforts aren't appreciated. So I'm not more interested to give my skills here.

Of course you have the right to make your own decision, but doing it only for validation is not the way to go in my view.

You will have people uninterested in military aircraft(like me) and then you have people not interested in the particular aircraft. Those people will not comment much and might not have the incentive to help you with code since they have no interest in it. This doesn't mean at least some of them won't see your talent and view your contributions as positive for FG as a whole.

A better reason to create models could be just the fun of making it(for me) and possibly flying it myself later and maybe having other people that I care about have fun with it too and also more broadly helping FG as a simulator. So to me It's a marathon not a sprint.

All the best to you!
Last edited by CaptB on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CAPTB
Version: 2020.1.1

Postby portreekid » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 pm

cobe571 wrote in Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:16 pm:My work and my efforts aren't appreciated. So I'm not more interested to give my skills here.

I also don't know how you get that impression. The list of contributors for Flightgear is rather short. Your name is certainly one of the better known ones.

Keith
portreekid

Callsign: PORTREE
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby wlbragg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:38 pm

@cobe571this is a self motivating hobby. I have 5 or 6 aircraft I am actively working on in one form or another and while I get some feedback in appreciation or acknowledgment that I did something, I don't get much collaboration on most of them. I did on the c172p because that is the only aircraft that ships with FG and we did massive amounts of work on it. We rarely got any feedback from the masses. A "great" here and there, or a little help on a system here and there if it was a system the someone was really interested in getting implemented. But for the amount of people that might have benefited form all our work, we didn't get squat back. The difference is, I don't think any of us expected it. We did it for ourselves and the pride of taking something and making it better.
I've been working on helijah's model of the AirCrane now for a long time and have asked (begged:)) for help making a custom AFCS for it, at least a few times. So far, no one has offered to do it for me and I don't want to take the time necessary to learn that discipline.
There are a couple other aircraft no one helped me with at all, but I wanted them, so they are now in FGADDON for anyone who comes along and wants to improve upon them.
Should I also stop working on the aircraft I am interested in making because you haven't volunteered to help me?
I'll make you a deal, you model us the F94B, F89B, F86H and the F100A and I will help you with them in every way I can. Or maybe even any or all of the CubCrafter models. I'd most certainly take a new more "detailed" model of the AirCrane and continue to improve upon it until it is identical to the real thing.
Lack of volunteers doesn't mean lack of interest or appreciation of what you do.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i5 3570K AMDRX480
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby cobe571 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm just tired to work alone. Means nothing to be one of the best here if I have to work on that projects by myself only. That doesn't lead me to any kind of pleasure. Instead I feel fully depressed and demotivated in the worst way. In fact I stop all my 3D modeling jobs many weeks ago cause I don't find any pleasure to give my efforts to this community. I have several health issues also. That's my only priority now. In a future when I'll feel better, maybe I'll come back. You already have the best developers. The FG project will survive even without me.

Best regards to everyone

~ P.
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."
cobe571

Callsign: cobe571
IRC name: cobe571
Version: 2019.1.2

Postby portreekid » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

cobe571 wrote in Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:40 pm:I'm just tired to work alone. Means nothing to be one of the best here if I have to work on that projects by myself only. That doesn't lead me to any kind of pleasure. Instead I feel fully depressed and demotivated in the worst way. In fact I stop all my 3D modeling jobs many weeks ago cause I don't find any pleasure to give my efforts to this community. I have several health issues also. That's my only priority now. In a future when I'll feel better, maybe I'll come back. You already have the best developers. The FG project will survive even without me.

Of course the FG project will survive. But no matter how small you think your contribution may be it is still not 0. Why leave a legacy and when you return discover that your models have been maintained. There simply are too few developers and too many projects.

Keith
portreekid

Callsign: PORTREE
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby FirstOfficerDelta » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:16 am

@cobe571 The fact you have developed that far is impressive, but if you feel like you need to pause to collect yourself, I would say go for it. Your health is important, especially if you are going to be cooped up at your home for “x” number of months because of the current situation, however, it does not mean you should remove your contributions to FG. Keep it there because someday, some developer will continue that work, and he will probably thank you for laying the ground work for what he has done.
FirstOfficerDelta

Callsign: CPA830

Previous

Return to Aircraft