Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Bombardier QSeries

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Bombardier QSeries

Postby Octal450 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Nose is supposed to pitch up more for the same flight path angle as speed slows, as AoA increases.... that is 100% correct.

Be careful what you change though.

Josh
Waste of time. Goodbye forever.
Octal450

Postby SP-KOK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

I have this situation with my Q400
As if the whole center of the plane didn't show up. Someone knows what could be causing this

SP-KOK

Postby tdammers » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:56 am

Looks like the interior isn't rendered. Exterior and interior are separate models IIRC, and whether the interior gets rendered depends on the current view, I think. FG only renders the "visible" side of any polygon, so the outside of the hull isn't visible from inside the aircraft.

First thing I'd check, though, is whether your aircraft model is installed into a correctly-named directory. If the name doesn't match, then FG might be looking for the 3D meshes (the AC3D files) in the wrong place.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby SP-KOK » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 am

I checked everything, and it's still the same, interestingly other planes are working properly
SP-KOK

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Only thing I can think of - try hitting the 'c' key? On some aircraft - not all - that toggles the 3D cockpit on and off. It may be that? :?

If that doesn't fix it try redownloading it - its rather wierd though.

Edit -- from D-ECHO on discord:

For everybody that experienced problems with the QSeries 3d-model: This bug is confirmed, it is present in all current versions due to a change in the FG program. Should be fixed soon, will let you know

And later, he says its fixed -- so definitely redownload.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby SP-KOK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:42 pm

I downloaded the last one and everything works :)))

SP-KOK

Postby tdammers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

Three questions here:

- The QNH knob doesn't seem to work. In fact, there doesn't seem to be a knob there at all, just the spot on the panel where the knob should go. Ctrl+C reveals it as clickable, but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything. This makes it impossible to set QNH to anything but the default 1013 mmHg. Is this a known bug?
- It looks like LNAV isn't implemented, is this correct?
- The PFD doesn't seem to display the currently-set autopilot mode, although the autopilot dialog does. E.g., clicking the HDG button on the glareshield panel does seem to put the autopilot into HDG mode, and turning the HDG knob makes the aircraft turn to the desired heading, but the PFD still displays ROLL HLD. Bug? Missing feature? PEBKAC?

Other than that, lovely. Nosewheel steering is much better now, I can taxi the aircraft without problems now, even at a fairly small airport (EDLN) with taxiways designed for smaller aircraft.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby Johan G » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:10 pm

tdammers wrote in Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am:- The QNH knob doesn't seem to work. In fact, there doesn't seem to be a knob there at all, just the spot on the panel where the knob should go. Ctrl+C reveals it as clickable, but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.

You can work around that using a dialog, IIRC that should be "Instrumentation" (it has been a long time since I used FlightGear.)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:02 pm

tdammers wrote in Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am:- The QNH knob doesn't seem to work. In fact, there doesn't seem to be a knob there at all, just the spot on the panel where the knob should go. Ctrl+C reveals it as clickable, but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything. This makes it impossible to set QNH to anything but the default 1013 mmHg. Is this a known bug?

This is a new bug, which I haven't noticed before. Fixed in svn and git.
tdammers wrote in Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am:- It looks like LNAV isn't implemented, is this correct?

LNAV is implemented, use the "NAV" button. Remember you need to have a route set and activated.
tdammers wrote in Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am:- The PFD doesn't seem to display the currently-set autopilot mode, although the autopilot dialog does. E.g., clicking the HDG button on the glareshield panel does seem to put the autopilot into HDG mode, and turning the HDG knob makes the aircraft turn to the desired heading, but the PFD still displays ROLL HLD. Bug? Missing feature? PEBKAC?

This should be working, although not all modes are yet displayed correctly. Autopilot will only work in the air.
D-ECHO

Postby massima » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:45 pm

So is this project disappeared? on github the page doesn't exist anymore :(
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:30 am

The project completely moved to FGAddon. You can find the current version at https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fg ... t/QSeries/
Thanks for the reminder, I have now updated the wiki page.
D-ECHO

Postby massima » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Thank you for the reply.
massima

Callsign: M-AXX

Postby DeltaSVEN » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Hey Echo,

Test flew your latest version of the DH8D. Great work so far (as usual :D )!
However, once airborne the throttle went mad in the NTOP/MCL setting (with PROP 900). The engine dials went off the scale and the propellers started stuttering.
I tried various PROP settings, but the engines just wouldn't behave. Did I forget anything on startup?
And then there is climb performance in the MCL power setting. With standard payload and 2.5 tonnes of fuel it barely reached FL220 @240kt IAS in clean config. Normally IRL these things smoke every A320 from 0-FL100.
I'm off to the airport now :lol:

Greetings,

Sven
Private Pilot
Talk to me in Mumble's "German" channel
My EDFZ custom scenery: https://github.com/D-Sven/EDFZ-custom-scenery
DeltaSVEN

Callsign: D-SVEN

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:31 am

Hey Sven,

yep, there is something definitely wrong with the aircraft. I have also experienced this but I could not yet find the cause and/or the solution, so I can't fix it currently. I think it appeared while I was trying to fix the performance for climbs, so there's that.... These are things I'd definitely need to adress, but I simply don't know how..

Regards and have fun at the airfield
D-ECHO

Previous

Return to Aircraft