Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

North American Aviation P-51 D-25-NA failed to extract

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: North American Aviation P-51 D-25-NA failed to extract

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:37 am

it is probably part of the problem... as i mentioned before, there are other keys in the catalog.xml file in the Aircraft directory that must be satisfied, too...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby tonimark » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 pm

I am having the same problem, I extracted the file at C:\Users\pc\Documents\FlightGear\Aircraft\org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk\Aircraft
when I loaded FlightGear the same aircraft was available for update and also I couldn't fly it. when the download was finished I got the same error as before
tonimark

Postby tonimark » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:10 pm

I am having the same problem, I extracted the file at C:\Users\pc\Documents\FlightGear\Aircraft\org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk\Aircraft
when I loaded FlightGear the same aircraft was available for update and also I couldn't fly it. when the download was finished I got the same error as before
tonimark

Postby xen_steda » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 am

Hello, in case anyone tries to install this plane and has trouble, I have found this link to work fine:

http://wiki.flightgear.org/North_American_P-51_Mustang

Click on the little folder icon near where it says download on the right of the page.

For it to work right, you need to make a second folder called p51d that has contains the real p51d folder with all the model info:

In Flightgear Addon Menu it should look something like this, you're going to need a Custom Aircraft folder if you don't have one.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: I suggest trying this method ONLY if the Launcher installation of this aircraft gives you errors.
Last edited by xen_steda on Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xen_steda

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:05 am

it should already be included in the launcher... you probably need to reduce the filter settings to see it and the 500+ others that are available ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby xen_steda » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm

It is in the launcher but it always fails to extract, it always gives an error. The direct method I posted is a way to get it installed without issues.
xen_steda

Previous

Return to Aircraft