Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Cessna C182T with FG1000 glass panel

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Cessna C182T with FG1000 glass panel

Postby stuart » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Regarding repositories - the plan is to have the work in my fork merged into the c182s repository. Hopefully in time for 2018.3.

The 182S and 182T are very similar except for the cockpit, so there's little point in having two separate aircraft.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Re: Cessna C182T with FG1000 glass panel

Postby Hooray » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

stuart wrote in Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:08 am:There's a bit of freeze when it loads airports on the NRST AIRPORTS page, but in general it's good.

it would be interesting to know if this is FGPositioned/NavCache related or due to the sheer number of properties (I/O).
Like I mentioned previously, it would make sense to have a discussion if/how the sc::Element class is fully exposed to Nasal (via NasalElement), so that custom elements can be prototyped/implemented in scripting space. At that point, it would also be pretty straightforward to come up with a new Canvas element that directly operates on so called "Positioned" ghosts, so that the property I/O would be much lower, i.e. we would only make a handful of parameters configurable, such as the symbol/image to use, the size/style - and everything else would go directly through C++ space, without any unnecessary property/Nasal overhead
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Previous

Return to Aircraft