Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Tecnam-P92 updates

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Tecnam-P92 updates

Postby iamzac » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I have made some updates to the Tecnam-P92 Echo main version with wheels and amphibious floats that uses yasim, some of them taken from the PAF team wheels only jsbsim version Tecnam-P92-Echo: http://pattenflightgear.wifeo.com/tecnam-p92-echo.php
The main reason was because I really wanted to also have the amphibious floats which are not available in the other version.

Some of the changes:

-ALS visual effects outside and inside, shadows, rain effects and sounds, thunder sounds.
-The main sound volume is no longer set to maximum at start (aircrafts should not even be able to do that... ).
-Added (from the other version) on the outside the better propeller and antenna and on the inside: chromed controls, aerators, headphones ,pedals, the better yoke and a few other things.
I could have taken all the interior but even though I think it's very nice I chose to make it in a different and simpler way based on the various pictures and videos I have seen.
-Also changed various textures and colors to make it look more like what it looks like in the pictures I found.
-Animated the pilot and made the head invisible in cockpit view. Took more work than you can imagine to made the hand follow the yoke :)
-Fixed electrical system and various other things such as propeller wobbling, oil pressure indicator not working, etc.
-Made the manual startup procedure work.
-Added landing light, ALS procedural lights when ALS is on and also ALS secondary light.
-Added an optional Garmin 196 which you can enable from the menu, also added optional AI and HI which can also be enabled from the menu.
-Improved the black and gold livery.
-Added fuel indicator.
-Added water sounds for the amphibious version and general improvement of sounds.
-Improved both flight models, the wheels version is somewhere between P92 Echo Light (with extra fuel option) and P92 Classic De Luxe (closer to this one) and the amphibious version is based on P92 SeaSky Hydroplane data (I don't know if an "P92 Echo" with floats actually exists, maybe customized) so stronger engine but slower maximum speed because of high drag. I also tried to get the stall speeds different but close to the real ones (around 35 and around 42).
-Improved fuel consumption, I aimed for the official 4.5 us gal at somewhere around 85% throttle.

Even though in the beginning I only aimed at improving the amphibious version and use it together with the other jsbsim version in the end I improved them both.
The most obvious difference in the flight model is the stall: the jsbsim version when it stalls it begins to drop but without any change in pitch (which led me to 2 crashes while flying low and slow while looking at the scenery), and this version pitches down when it stalls, and I also made the stall speed a bit slower closer to that 34 kt official value for the wheel version.
For a plane that is very "traditional" and has such a narrow flight envelope I haven't noticed other major differences, I think the visual differences are the most obvious and the good thing is that both versions can be used together as they have different names.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kgrkfyd08y2s14/Tecnam-P92R1.zip?dl=0

Some pictures:

iamzac

Return to Aircraft