Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

F-14B tomcat radar issue

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

F-14B tomcat radar issue

Postby robelt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 am

I use cyborg hawk a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu 14.04, I have installed flight gear on my box by the default repository which cones with FG 3.0.0 and every thing was A OK until on some point the radar on F-14 stopped working and cant lock on targets. They only and only change i made was adding a sonic boom sound on the F-14B.I have viewed other forums and threads but all point to upgrading, and since the updated repository is so slow I am just not taking that as a option..so please please please can any one find a way to revert it back because it is possible to as it has worked before.
Pilot : "Bogey1 is in range..."
Bogey1 : "The Pilot is in range..."
robelt

Callsign: Nemesis
Version: 2017.3.1

Re: F-14B tomcat radar issue

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Please confirm the exact version of FG you are using; together with the exact version of the F-14; and where this came from (or if you are using the F-14 that came with FlightGear).
Richard

Version: Git

Postby robelt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks for all 114 people who have viewd but not answerd and The problem was with a bug (which I don't know the tracking number) that caused a problem with the HUD code.
Mine how ever was a two staged pain.
1) HUD Code - error located at line 24 of my Nasal/hud.nas file in the tomcat was an error occuring by a nil(NULL) value being subtracted.
- so by seting the the line to "hud_alpha.setDoubleValue(1);", it fixed the radar problem...so now I can located evil aircrafts and the radar sweeps fine an locates stuff.
- BUT HOWEVER i can't lock on targets and FOX2 at them.
2) FOX2 Code - error located at line 20 o my Nasal/fox2.nas file in the tomcat was an error occuring by an undefined variable used called "AIM9" while the variable declated at line 20 was "AIM".
- so by renaming the variable to "AIM9"....fixed it....so it was a win for me. loss for evil aircrafts.
Pilot : "Bogey1 is in range..."
Bogey1 : "The Pilot is in range..."
robelt

Callsign: Nemesis
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby PINTO » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 pm

robelt wrote in Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:20 pm:Thanks for all 114 people who have viewd but not answerd

- Not everyone is a developer
- Not everyone who is a developer knows the F-14 systems
- Richard (the guy who posted above your last post) is the main developer who is best able to help you, so others deferred to him
- FlightGear 3.0.0 is really old and not supported anymore unless a developer is feeling extra gracious. If you want to have working aircraft, upgrade your flightgear.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (link to repo) (link to thread)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: 2016.3.0

Return to Aircraft